Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

FS2004 splash screen mis-positioned

Hey guys,This may seem like a trivial thing, but I want to know why it's happening nonetheless. I have done a complete reinstall of FS2004, and I don't want to have to do it again. Anyway, the issue:The splash screen seems to be drawn about 10 pixels too high. This results in a portion of it being seen after loading is complete and I'm at the main menu. The weird thing is that this 10 pix high portion disappears if I go into the "create a flight" submenu, but it is there in all other submenus if I don't go to "create a flight" first. The reason for my concern, is that this happened in my previous FS2004 install too, and that install burned and crashed at a certain moment... Any people know why this is, and what a possible solution is?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Are you asking how to "center " the splash screen on the monitor? I saved this from a post in 2005:"I had this problem, the answer is simple. Start FS9, Go into "windowsmode" - alt/enter - reduce the screen size and drag the screen to theposition required, e.g., centre, exit FS9, restart and it should befixed. I've just tested the above and it works for me. Cheers."I have not had to try this but please let me know if it works for you. jerrycwo4

Hi.>The splash screen seems to be drawn about 10 pixels too high. This results in a portion of it being seen after loading is complete and I'm at the main menu.<You may want to post a pic system / OS Video etc. for better understanding. If I understand correctly what the problem is try this:Match your Desktop resolution to your FS resolution i.e. 1280x1024 etc.Before you Exit FS go in Window Mode and adjust / move the window, in reduced view, in the Center of the screen, Exit and Restart. Post here for more help. TV

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm sorry, but I can't post a screenshot, because I don't have the program to do it (and I can't find the printscreen button... Too lazy to find out where it is, though). You can get the same effect by going into FS2004, to the main menu. Now do alt-enter to go to windowed mode. You'll notice how the entire menu screen moves down 10 pixels or so. This seems to be caused by the adition of the menu bar which pops up and thereby "pushes" the entire menu screen about 10 pixels down. So, the splashscreen seems to appear in a "full-screen mode" layout, and so does the "create a flight" submenu. All the other submenus seem to start in a "windows mode" layout.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Jerryuscg's solution is the correct one . . . or at least the only one I know of to correct this minor annoyance. At some point you (or something on your setup) accidentally repositioned a window and knocked everything off center. BTW, this condition could conceivably crash your FS9 if you're running multimonitors and the "windows" overlap each other onto the next screen (even if you're not flying in windowed mode), causing the CPU to overwork and overheat.