Sign in to follow this  

Missing textures in FS2004

Guys,I need to know if my FS 2004 install is correct or not because i'm seeing a lot of missing textures. I hate to bother you all, but you're the only hope left for me.Would someone check their FS 9 folder and confirm the size for me? This is a full install with no add-ons.My folder size is:Size: 2.48 GB (2,672,217,240 bytes)Size on disk: 2.55 GB (2,743,463,936 bytes)Contains: 36,710 files, 466 foldersThis is under Windows XP with NTFS format.Any help appreciated. Thanks,Celador

Guest JohnC

I have 38,892 files in WinME,466 folders, 2.59 Gigs.Good luck w/ your problem

Thanks John!! Do you think there is a difference when running Win ME?Any other kind soul willing to take a look at their folder?Celador

Come on guys.........can't nobody take a sec off their time and take a look at their FS 9 folder? Of all the 100's of FS users 1 must be willing to do this, or am I asking too much?Thanks,Celador

Guest John_Hirsch

Not really sure what you are asking for, Celador. But I just finished doing a FS2K4 full install and my texture folder contains 927 files all in just 90.4MB.Hope that's what you've got!Regards,

>Come on guys.........can't nobody take a sec off their time>and take a look at their FS 9 folder? Of all the 100's of FS>users 1 must be willing to do this, or am I asking too much?>Thanks,>>CeladorI would love to help, but us poor souls over the pond are still waiting for our copy of FS9.George

Hi Celador,I'm not sure which folder you are interested in, but my /texture folder is 90.4 mb and 927 objects installed in Win ME.good luck,Howard

Guest dirk1000

Hi, CeladorI have the same problem (missing textures).My FS9 folder is this:Size: 2.49 GB ( 2.676.422.857 bytes)Disk: 3.25 GB (3.499.317.312 bytes)Files: 36.934Folders: 466O.S. Win XP Pro FAT 32 bitLet me know if you get fix this (and how).Regards...Dirk Trotteyndirkt@arnet.com.ar

Guest JohnC

I have 927 files in my texture folder, to add to your request.Jeez.....Not even my wife calls me a kind soul. What kind of textures are you missing?

Under XP Pro I got 2.59GB 38,838 files in 466 folders... The install routine for the sim to put it politely sucks in my opinion... I posted problems lastnite but its probably 10 pages down the road by now... you NEED ample, and I mean AMPLE hard drive space to get this thing installed because it copies all the scenery to the HD then decompresses it to the folder and deletes the cab files after it has decompressed. The sim will not let you know if all the files decompress out, you just end up seeing things the way they should not be, and you need to go back over them. (Missing texture files from the scenery/world/texture folder.What I am going to do is just decompress each scenery folder from disk 4 manually and overwrite everything myself to make sure its all there... don't trust this install routine at all myself.Chris

Thanks guys for all the feedback.I'm looking at the total files under the FS 9 folder. Somehow I only got 36,710 files in 466 folders. Chris has 38,838 files in 466 folders, so I miss 2,128 files. Chris has 2.59 GB, I have 2.55 GB. Thats 40 MB short. No wonder I have missing textures.Maybe the best thing to do is install them manually like Chris suggested. Thanks again guys.Celador

Guest dirk1000

Hi, CeladorChris is right!In my case, during the FS9 installation, decompressing CAB files process lost 1.980 files!!! of my ...sceneryworldtexture folder.In a good installation, this folder must have 3.881 files (I just had 1.984).The manual unzip is not a great deal from inside Win XP.I did something like this:1- Insert CD # 4.2- Seek for e:sceneryworld.cab3- Double click the CAB file (in Windows Explorer).4- Select all the files for texture folder destination (see path in Win Explorer).5- Right click the selected files (3.881) and select EXTRACT.6- It will open a directory navigational window. Indicate the path ...Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldTexture7- Click OK, on overwrite files click YES, and wait de 3.881 files decompresses.8- Check the ...SceneryWorldTexture folder.9- Compare all the Scenery...foldersfiles whith the CD-ROM CAB files.I attach 2 screenshoots; after and before...Have fun...Dirk Trotteyndirkt@arnet.com.ar http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26810.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26811.jpg

Dirk,Well I did manually install all scenery and texture files. First I got a corrupt tokyo.cab and a corrupt world.cab. Cleaned the CD and installed them manually again. This time it worked. I don't have missing textures anymore. What I don't understand is, how is it possible that the install program says that all files were installed when more then 2000 were not. Simply outrageous!Thanks for all the feedback.Celador :-hah