Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Going to get fs2k4 today!

Guest kurtj

I am going to my local CompUSA today to get my copy of fs2004. Wish me luck in installing though, because there is some disturbing things about Win XP so I hope I will get it installed so I can takeoff tonight and post some screens.

Guest kurtj

Well Guys I got it! It installed just fine. I had to tinker with my settings to get my scenery working. It still isn't quite as good as I like far as the blurries though. I also have some graphic issues where I was flying near Blythe, and for some reason or another light blue haze blotches would flicker on and off. It is very strange. It seems to only happen in that area to so far. It did lock up and BSOD with the NV4_disp file. What is that file? I will post some screens later of this wierd phenomium. I checkdisked and went back to flying crash free. I still have the strange blotches from time to time though flying over that area from KPHX to KSAN. I have Geforce3 Ti500 with the 21.93 drivers dated 1/1 2002 or something like that. Maybe can someone fly in the area of Blythe CA and see if their is some wierd anomlies like the blotchy blue haze? Any info would be helpful. I hope I get this resolved because I am anxious to get some airliners in soon.

Guest WorkingStiff

The nv4_disp.dll file is the driver for your video card. If you're getting display problems I would suggest you upgrade your video card drivers; the 30.82 and 29.42 drivers are probably the best drivers for a Geforce 3 Ti500 card. I'm using the 30.82 drivers myself with a basic Geforce 3 card with great results.What OS are you running?

Guest kurtj

Windows XP Pro. It gave me the Windows Stop Blue screen and unloaded it's cache dump with NV4_disp file. and brought me back to windows again.