Sign in to follow this  
Guest yurob70

Runway Requirments

Guest yurob70

hello what is maximal runway requirments for landing an md-11 fully loaded with flaps50,full spoilers,reverse thrust,autobrake medium???

Guest yurob70

hello what is maximal runway requirments for landing an md-11 fully loaded with flaps50,full spoilers,reverse thrust,autobrake medium??? Yunus Aktas

Hi Yunus, we don't have the performance charts for the PMDG MD11. If we did, you would also have to include altitude, approach climb limits, landing climb limits and max landing weight field lenght limits charts. In other words, your answer depends on four charts we don't have.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest yurob70

so you mean nobody knows maximal runway requirments for landing an md-11 fully loaded with flaps50,full spoilers,reverse thrust,autobrake medium???sad really really sadYunus Aktas

so you mean nobody knows maximal runway requirments for landing an md-11 fully loaded with flaps50,full spoilers,reverse thrust,autobrake medium???sad really really sadYunus Aktas
Purchase TOPCAT http://www.topcatsim.com/ it mimics the Take off and Landing software used by flightcrews in the onboard laptops. I wouldnt fly without it, performance data is available for the MD11 & MD11F + many other aircraft.Below is a landing report for the MD11F at Quito today Flaps 50 MLW Med Autobrakes.Not sure what you mean by full spoilers? THey are always full once main nose gear is down. Also Idle reverse is used whenever possible, autobrakes adjust the deceleration through IRS data depending on how much reverse you use.LANDING REPORT SEQUTOPCAT 2.62 08MAR10 11:51ZA/C FDX1978 MD-11F CF6-80C2D1FALL WEIGHTS IN POUNDSAPT PRWY POAT PWIND PQNH PMRLW FLP CONF VREF VAPP PLDW SEQU 35 +12

Rob Prest

Trick question - there is no maximum! There is however a minimum safe runway length for different pressure altitudes at different temperatures with different winds for different weights and differing levels of contaimination. Plenty of peole know how to calculate the minimum safe landing distance given all the required variables but usually don't bother unless they are in deep do-do, and even then they tend to ask someone else because they are busy dealing with the do-do. In the real world, MD-11 pilots don't have a need to land on less then 10,000ft runways so the fact the the charts are out there, but may not be published in public is really not that important. Blame the lawyers if you must, but please don't feel sad, its only a game.

Trick question - there is no maximum! There is however a minimum safe runway length for different pressure altitudes at different temperatures with different winds for different weights and differing levels of contaimination. Plenty of peole know how to calculate the minimum safe landing distance given all the required variables but usually don't bother unless they are in deep do-do, and even then they tend to ask someone else because they are busy dealing with the do-do. In the real world, MD-11 pilots don't have a need to land on less then 10,000ft runways so the fact the the charts are out there, but may not be published in public is really not that important. Blame the lawyers if you must, but please don't feel sad, its only a game.
Good advice Paul, but there are plenty of runways less then 10,000FT that current MD11 operaters fly into. Every landing is calcualted on the laptops if not the data is uplinked from Dispatch, I know Fedex use software called APLC

Rob Prest

There are some tables in the FCOM performance data section.They are based on max MANUAL braking.Might give you some info.Regards,Harry

Guest yurob70
Purchase TOPCAT http://www.topcatsim.com/ it mimics the Take off and Landing software used by flightcrews in the onboard laptops. I wouldnt fly without it, performance data is available for the MD11 & MD11F + many other aircraft.Below is a landing report for the MD11F at Quito today Flaps 50 MLW Med Autobrakes.Not sure what you mean by full spoilers? THey are always full once main nose gear is down. Also Idle reverse is used whenever possible, autobrakes adjust the deceleration through IRS data depending on how much reverse you use.LANDING REPORT SEQUTOPCAT 2.62 08MAR10 11:51ZA/C FDX1978 MD-11F CF6-80C2D1FALL WEIGHTS IN POUNDSAPT PRWY POAT PWIND PQNH PMRLW FLP CONF VREF VAPP PLDW SEQU 35 +12

Guest yurob70

my last question.what is runway requirment for an md-11 that weight is 631.700lbs with full reverse thrust,spoilers,autobrake med,flaps 50?????Yunus Aktas
You wouldn't be able to land at that weight you're way to heavy. I dont know how you can even get that weight seeing as how the load manager for the MD11F will only allow you to set a load to the MTOW of 630,500 lbs. I know the passenger version has a MLW around 440,000 lbs. So at that weight you would be coming in around 190,000lbs overweight.Kevin W.

You wouldn't be able to land at that weight you're way to heavy. I dont know how you can even get that weight seeing as how the load manager for the MD11F will only allow you to set a load to the MTOW of 630,500 lbs. I know the passenger version has a MLW around 440,000 lbs. So at that weight you would be coming in around 190,000lbs overweight.Kevin W.
Correct that is way too overweight, Yunas there is much more to the calculation then Autobrake & Flap setting. Airport Elevation, Wind speed/direction Air temps, runway condition etc all play a part. Like I mentioned TOPCAT is the best option for you since we dont have the raw data from the FCOMS.

Rob Prest

my last question.what is runway requirment for an md-11 that weight is 631.700lbs with full reverse thrust,spoilers,autobrake med,flaps 50?????Yunus Aktas
Yanus,Your last question, last advice:There are some tables in the FCOM performance data section.They are based on max MANUAL braking.Might give you some info.See what you can determine from these tables at the weight suggested.Regards,Harry

Guest yurob70

whats the max weight for the md-11 passenger version??????????Yunus Aktas