Sign in to follow this  

You guys had me worried!

Guest odog

I have been following all the posts here lately and seems like CoF is the worst thing to ever happen to the Flight Sim Community.I almost made the biggest mistake of my life by not buying Cof, but I had to. It is just amazing... I did a ton of house keeping and defragged, had no install issues. (XP)My 2100 AMD with a GeForce FX 5200 ultra 128mb card (512mb PC133)makes this baby zing... no problems with performance.. no weird graphics.. no nothing..am i just lucky or what?over doing the clouds does bring it down but hey.. this rig is 2 years old.. yaddya expect.If this is the first positive post in the last week, I know why... everyones out in the world enjoying this wonderful MS creation.Thank you Bill!joe

Guest firehawk44

Joe,You're brave trying to be positive. I had the exact same experience you had installing and running the game except I have a P4 2.2 GHz system with 1 gig of RDRAM and a brand new GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256mb video card. I have the frame rate locked at 20 FPS and I get 18-20 FPS nearly all the time. This is an awesome game! Thanks to the MS FS Team for a job well done!Jim

funny thing about people...the ones that want to complain ALWAYS find a reason to...and then, do they go on....almost makes you think its how everyone feels! LOLI don't do real well trying to explain why I enjoy fscof so much, expecially when talking to a person trying to prove how bad things are, but I ALWAYS reach for fscof when going for a quick flight...its just a lot nicer.If you haven't checked it out yet, take a flight in Jamaica...blew my mind. Took off from Kingston, they've got a field (perhaps for GA) in the city itself, not the intl' field...in a 172. Real weather. made for a small airport on the other side of the island. Kingston itself is AMAZING...never thought the default scenery of a city like Kingston would amaze me. Then over the spine of the island...climbing into the clouds...reached the other side of the island...and for me anyway...it was raining with turbulence on the other side of the mountain....good fun. That led me to check our St Kit...and St. Thomas ... and St Marteen....ms really did a great job on the carribean.Bob Bernstein

Guest Reddog

I have it. I like it. I've had no problems so far and been holding at 19 to 20 on the frame rates. The Caribbean is great and Bill Melichars scenery for that area works good.Over all I'm happy with it out of the box and it will only get better once all the designers start putting out the addon's.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/551867.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired

Guest otter55

joe,no, you are not just lucky. you are the average fs2004 user just as i am.i have almost 30 hrs logged with fs 2004, perfect performance, no glitches whatsoever.i do know that some folks with ati cards are having problems.don

Guest Milton

Same here guys, great right out of the box. :-)Milton

Guest odog

See Don, you had to run my bus of Bright and Shiney People right off the road didnt ya!!!You are having performance problems or you had higher expectations?Im still Bright & Shiney :-)I cant wait to get my add-on's back up to the level they were at, but Im not installing ANY of my old ones... I had no FS2000 add-on's in 2k2, so I'll do the same this year.joe

>LOL! Mine's going back to the store!>DonAnd I wouldn't even think of going back to the "outback" airstrips of FS2002.. FS2004 just runs a lot better with more auto-gen packed in. Also prefer the colors, shading, & sunL.Adamson --- Athlon 1900XP/Geforce3/Ti500

Guest GabrielR

Better than Fs2002 out of the box, no doubt Fs2004 has a lot of potential, waiting for the developers to Kick in!(Rigth now I'm running the sim in a 3 year old Rig (1.3 Ghtz)15 FPS all the time (same as in Fs2002) with more detail and stuff. Hopefully Will update to 3.0GHtz soon

Mine's running great also Joe!!!Where have you been?? Reading Lizardo's posts??? LOL There have been quite a few positive posts about it to go along with the negatives. I think we are seeing more performance and install problems than negativity. this new autogen is amazing, love the phone poles, definately geared at VFR flight more.I for one am NOT waiting for the "developers to kick in", that is all we need is more things to bring performance down. As a scenery designer, I am pretty happy with the default in a majority of places right now, flew around San Juan a little bit ago and had so many places and things to see, it was like an addon scenery package!! LOLWaiting for active camera though!! ;-)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest RobA

Hi everyone :-)Installed FS9 yesterday into a fairly primitive setup by todays standards. ;-)Win98seAMD 1.4512 MB DDR RAM PC2100ASUS MB with 266 FSBGForce 2 ultra w/ 64 MB DDR RAMRight out of the box I started the "Reeves Aluetians" scenario and suddenly I was in the DC3 at Adak, Alaska. It was dark and snowing like heck! I could sees the beams from the beacons stabbing into the dark as it turned. With a bit of a cross wind I took off and found Amchitka. Got 19-20 fps windowed or fullscreen with the default settings. Whooo Hooo I knew it!! heheLast flight before I HAD to go to bed was around the Seattle area at sunup. Fiddled with the various settings from your tips, Milton, and Chris's help a lot as well as others with good insights. I sat in awe during the sunrise at Seattle. This sim is way above fs2002! Gotta love this hobby. :-)Best, Rob

Guest jase439

I had the same experience. I was half expecting a bomb, after reading the many ravings and rantings of many on here. But I bit the bullet and bought anyway - leaving myself to judge. I have no idea what planet these other people live on, but I've had nothing but love since taking the CD's out of the box. It's fluid, beautiful, the flight dynamics have greatly improved. For the first time ever in any FS release, I actually feel like I'm in a current of air - right down the little burble in the wings on rotation as the wings take on lift. Beautiful. The atomospherics are stunning. I've been wanting storm effects like these since FS95 first introduced the scraggly little white jaggie lines to simulate lightning . Yes, overdoing the clouds will clobber your frames, but aside from this, I am running on Ultra High across the board and have no trouble at all sustaining a very fluid 20 fps.Best release yet. What more can I say? Whether you're VFR or IFR - this is a GA flyer's dream.J

Guest GZR_Frenchy

S! Reddog. Same here. Still trying to find me sea legs. Bit bumpy here, bit bumpy there. But, still a really good ride. Ain't looking for the bad things. They will show up all by themselves. Enjoying the the good things. There is a lot of them to enjoy. Found a few. But, heck only had the game for a day. Gee, maybe I should make a really long post with a lot of stuff put into in. Naaaahhh.I'm going flying.Frenchy -- out.

Guest Galant VR4

I have an old setup also:Compaq PresarioPentium 3863 MHz256MB RAMGeForce2 MX200......Thats what the box sais but COF sais MX400This sim runs very well with the default settings and a few 3d clouds. It runs a lot smoother than FS2002 on my machine. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!