Sign in to follow this  

You guys had me worried!

>My 2100 AMD with a GeForce FX 5200 ultra 128mb card (512mb>PC133)makes this baby zing... no problems with performance..>no weird graphics.. no nothing..Joe, what driver are you using for the FS5200? The only issue I've had is that on my P4 2.6 with nVidea FX5200 I cannot get 2d panels to display in full-screen mode...Other that that, and some issues with XML (and even a few C) gauges, I'm very, very satisfied. I'll even learn to live without having 'undocked panels' in full-screen mode... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest odog

I am not alone!? Bill, Im using the 44.03 drivers. so far, autogen, WOW, gps, WOW, weather, WOW... I could go on and on. I must be easily impressed cuz she's knockin' my socks off.maybe im crazy, but 20fps feels so much smoother that 20fps in 2k2...off to Alaska to give real weather it's first run through.see y'all in the bush!joe

I like the improvments in FS2004, but Im not going to be flying FS2004 until I get my computer upgraded. I had FS2004 crash 3 time already (but I think it might of been cause I un checked the anti-aliasing within FS2004 and adjusted it using my older video card) wierd thing is that it crashed and I was just switching views or looking around in spot view. Also the graphics are not smooth..lots of jagged edges on the planes and scenery, plus I can't turn on the aircraft reflections anymore. A new griphc card and more RAM should be a big improvment for me.I really do like the new FS2004 like the weather, the colors in the sky, ATC, and the ground improvents (more mountains and scenery) but I will wait a week or two and by then I should have the upgraded computer ready for FS2004.(graphic card I have now is a GeForce2 MMX 400)

Guest Milton

Hi Rob, :-)That's great. Seems they FD's have been toned down a bit and elevator and trim effectiveness has decreased. May have to tweak those scalars in the short term.I love the ground handling now .. much more controllable. And, there is now braking tweaks in the aircraft.cfg file. :-)As soon as I get this new load balancing figured out, I'll want to tweak up the FD's for the Dash 7 and Commanders. Neat stuff for sure.Milton

>I am not alone!?>> Bill, Im using the 44.03 drivers.>> so far, autogen, WOW, gps, WOW, weather, WOW... I could go on>and on. I must be easily impressed cuz she's knockin' my socks>off.I just finished flying a quick IFR from KGYY to KIND using the new GPS. I built a flight plan and filed enroute, and requested an altitude change from FL050 to FL150. I was cleared to FL110 "expect 15,000." Sure enough, as I approached FL110, I was cleared to cruise! :) The new flight planner is really nice, but the icing on the cake is the ability to use the GPS to add either "vectors to final" or a published STAR... :)The reason I asked about the driver is that MS is aware of the problem with the FX5200 et al, and recommends the WHQL certified 44.67 drivers for us. They should be available at http://nvidia.com tomorrow. In the meantime, the "leaked" driver is available at http://3dguru.com I have the new driver, but I'm seeing cross-eyed now and have to go to bed... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

I couldn't be much happier with FS9! I didn't get it until today (pre-order and gift), however, my new video card came in today as well, so it was perfect timing. I flew the 172 VFR from KPHX just to check out Phoenix and the simulator itself, then I went back to KPHX. This was before I really messed with the settings. After dinner I went and configured the display settings and changed a couple of things in the FS9.cfg file. I just finished my first IFR flight from KPHX to KABQ with the 737 and had a great time with excellent performance!I think the scenery is much better, as is the sky and weather system. The night-lighting at airports is 10x better than FS2002. The learning center is nice too. My favorite upgrade so far is the GPS. It's nice to have more information available, like runways and frequencies without always having to stop to see the map view.All in all, FS9 is a great improvement over FS2002. I'm sorry to see so many complaints about the new simulator, however, I must say a lot of them are extremely picky IMO. It's one thing to have some hardware issues, but to complain about the views being too blurry or the clouds not looking perfect, come on. I think some of these people need to get their pilot's license and wait another 10 years before they try PC simming ;) FS9 offers a lot considering the PC power most of us have and/or can afford. Personally, FS9 is great in the sense that many of us can grow into it when faster systems are available. For those who are having issues with compatibility, I can only hope new drivers or patches resolve those problems in the near future.By the way, I get a solid 19-20 FPS on the following system:Abit TH-7II w/ Intel 850 chipsetPentium4 - 1.8GHz Northwood1 GB Kingston RDRAM PC800MSI GeForce4 Ti4600 128 MB (44.03)SIIG 128 PCI Sound20 GB Seagate HDDWindows XP Pro (Completely updated)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Flew in the HD-88 in northern France yesterday, with the building storms weather theme. OH... the lightning in the distance, the rolling hills embedded in a distant haze, and the plane shaking a bit because of the turbulence. Sooo beautiful. The immersion is great, even more as in FS2002. The new weather is a great addition! :-hah[p]