Sign in to follow this  

Vsync in windowed mode: yes or no?

I've got a GTX285 and I am running FSX on Windows 7 64 bit. I get great results using BP=0 in combination with windowed mode, but I can't get vsync to work. I've searched the net but can't find a clear yes or no... So, does anyone here have vsync working in windowed mode? Is it possible, yet or no...?

I've got a GTX285 and I am running FSX on Windows 7 64 bit. I get great results using BP=0 in combination with windowed mode, but I can't get vsync to work. I've searched the net but can't find a clear yes or no... So, does anyone here have vsync working in windowed mode? Is it possible, yet or no...?
Vsync does NOT work in windowed mode.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vsync does NOT work in windowed mode.Vic
That's a shame...Seems it is impossible to use FSX without making compromises... :(

You do get it in full screen mode... my ATI 4870 couldn't do it in either, so I guess it's at least a little bit better with Nvidia on this particular issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,Are the following commands recognized in FSX's config file under display.[Display]ForceFullScreenVSync=TRUEForceVSync=TRUE

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Are the following commands recognized in FSX's config file under display.[Display]ForceFullScreenVSync=TRUEForceVSync=TRUE
Thanks for the tip, but I already tried those. No luck...Right now I settled for this compromise: I fly with BP=0 in full screen and when I do get artifacts, I switch to windowed mode. I just did that with a flight from Firstair to Darrington. I got artifacts after a few minutes (still near Firstair, 'default PNW). I switched to windowed mode for a few seconds and back to full screen mode. To my amazement I could finish the flight to Darrington without any artifacts... While Darrington (the payware addon) usually always gives me artifacts. And all that with good performance (and averag fps didn't drop below 21 and usually stayed around my maxed 25).Computers... you gotta love them... :(

Thanks for the tip, but I already tried those. No luck...Right now I settled for this compromise: I fly with BP=0 in full screen and when I do get artifacts, I switch to windowed mode. I just did that with a flight from Firstair to Darrington. I got artifacts after a few minutes (still near Firstair, 'default PNW). I switched to windowed mode for a few seconds and back to full screen mode. To my amazement I could finish the flight to Darrington without any artifacts... While Darrington (the payware addon) usually always gives me artifacts. And all that with good performance (and averag fps didn't drop below 21 and usually stayed around my maxed 25).Computers... you gotta love them... :(
Help me out please, what is BP=0At work where some folks talk in acronyms I sometimes get emails like: BTW please send the BN to the DM and ADM, ASAP. Unbelievable it actually means something to some folks.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Help me out please, what is BP=0At work where some folks talk in acronyms I sometimes get emails like: BTW please send the BN to the DM and ADM, ASAP. Unbelievable it actually means something to some folks.
Ah, yes, sorry, BP stands for BufferPools. Read all (or at least a lot) about it in this topic!