Sign in to follow this  
fletch

FSX running in slow motion and frame rate is very, very high

Hi there guys, i was wondering if anyone knows why my FSX is now running like it is in slow motion and my frame rates are through the roof. When i set my frame rate to unlimted, it hits the high 300's but runs in slow motion [not like a slide show, just slow motion]anyone had this before?thanks, Andrew Fletcher

I had this once, every other time I booted into my FSX parition possibly from Linux. After a few driver updates it stopped happening. But for a bit there I had to reboot sometimes finding my video was 1 FPS.Hey, search for the 1 FPS problem in FSX - I've seen that before.

thanks guys,yea, that was the first thing i thought of as it was acting as i was on 1/2 or 1/4 speed. so it's not a speed thing. [i think]where do search for the 1 FPS problem in FSX please.thanks heaps.Andrew Fletcher

The easiest thing to try first is renaming the FSX.cfg file (In case you want to revert back to it.) and let FSX rebuild a new one. Most times I have unexpected issues with performance, doing this clears it. You will have to put back any tweaks you made to your original manually.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

are you overclocking? I had the same problem a while back as I was OC and did not have the proper cooling, my CPU went bezerk...Hope this helpsJohn

Hi there guys, i was wondering if anyone knows why my FSX is now running like it is in slow motion and my frame rates are through the roof. When i set my frame rate to unlimted, it hits the high 300's but runs in slow motion [not like a slide show, just slow motion]anyone had this before?thanks, Andrew Fletcher
Did you ever find a fix for this. Mine is doing the exact same thing now.Thanks,John

Have you tried locking the FPS, internally or externally with FPS limiter or Antilag? If not, it may be worth trying.When reaching FPS numbers in the hundreds, what usually happens is that the FPS is really fluctuating between a lower number (for a split second) and the higher number, although the higher number is likely what is displayed. This will cause stutters, and in some situations the stutters are so extreme that you will get a slow motion effect.

Check your video card settings... could be a setting in nvidiainspector that your card can't handle.Assuming you have a nvidia card.

Check your video card settings... could be a setting in nvidiainspector that your card can't handle.Assuming you have a nvidia card.
Turned out to be a simconnect issue. I reinstalled UT2, and it fixed the problem.Thanks for helping.- John

Have you tried locking the FPS, internally or externally with FPS limiter or Antilag? If not, it may be worth trying.When reaching FPS numbers in the hundreds, what usually happens is that the FPS is really fluctuating between a lower number (for a split second) and the higher number, although the higher number is likely what is displayed. This will cause stutters, and in some situations the stutters are so extreme that you will get a slow motion effect.
Does anyone know the link for a good 'external limiter' for fsx? Most of what I have read seems to center around trying to write a complicated *.bat file that has to be excuted each time we start fsx. I don't have a limiter but would like to give it a try if it is not too complicated.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Tryhttp://rapidshare.com/files/160642187/FPS_Limiter_0.2.rarmake a shortcut on desktop and C:\fpslimit\FPS_Limiter.exe "L:\fsx\fsx.exe'Works in Win7 64bit very well.At last fluid flight.

<BR>Try<BR><BR><A class=bbc_url title="External link" href="http://rapidshare.com/files/160642187/FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar" rel="nofollow external">http://rapidshare.co...Limiter_0.2.rar</A><BR><BR>make a shortcut on desktop and C:\fpslimit\FPS_Limiter.exe "L:\fsx\fsx.exe'<BR><BR>Works in Win7 64bit very well.<BR><BR>At last fluid flight.<BR>
<BR><BR>Thanks for the link. I have it downloaded and installed but now I need a little hand holding.<BR><BR>Does the bat file run the Limiter and open FSX?<BR><BR>Or do I run the bat file then open FSX?<BR><BR>I am confused about the open " but not a close ".<BR><BR>Can someone post the actual bat file line that I can copy into a bat file? Here are my details - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe and the Limiter.exe file is located here - C:\FPSLimit\Limiter.exe<BR><BR>I have seen posts with the command line starting with RUN, also with START, and without either.<BR><BR>Once I have the Limiter running and FSX loaded, what is the fsx settings slider set to? Unlimited? 30 FPS ???<BR><BR>How I can check to see if the FPS Limiter is actually running? TaskManager?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Ray

Thanks for the link. I have it downloaded and installed but now I need a little hand holding.Does the bat file run the Limiter and open FSX? Or do I run the bat file then open FSX?I am confused about the open " but not a close ". Can someone post the actual bat file line that I can copy into a bat file? Here are my details - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe and the Limiter.exe file is located here - C:\FPSLimit\FPS_Limiter.exeI have seen posts with the command line starting with RUN, also with START, and without either. Once I have the Limiter running and FSX loaded, what is the fsx settings slider set to? Unlimited? 30 FPS ???How I can check to see if the FPS Limiter is actually running? TaskManager?ThanksRay

Thanks for the link. I have it downloaded and installed but now I need a little hand holding.Does the bat file run the Limiter and open FSX? Or do I run the bat file then open FSX?I am confused about the open " but not a close ". Can someone post the actual bat file line that I can copy into a bat file? Here are my details - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe and the Limiter.exe file is located here - C:\FPSLimit\FPS_Limiter.exeI have seen posts with the command line starting with RUN, also with START, and without either. Once I have the Limiter running and FSX loaded, what is the fsx settings slider set to? Unlimited? 30 FPS ???How I can check to see if the FPS Limiter is actually running? TaskManager?
The bat file starts the limiter and then runs FSX.In FSX, you set the fps to unlimited.The bat file should say:start C:\FPSLimit\FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:ON /l:OFF "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe"

Bert