Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

FSMeteo v6.0 for FS2004 released

Hi all,Check out www.fsmeteo.com for further details. I've been having so much success with the default WX - I'm scared to try it. It does look pretty impressive though (I never flew without it in FS2K2). Upgrade cost is around $20.Regards,Marc

"This upgrade is required only for customers that purchased a FSMETEO license previous to 01-July-2002."Does this mean the update is free if we purchase after that date?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I have owned a copy of FS Meteo for a couple of years now. And I am still very pleased with this. However, upgrading for 20 euros I find a little bit over the top if you compare it to Active Sky. Normally I would defend FS Meteo. But I am a bit surprised about the new tariffs.

Thats a clear NOGO.Fs Meteo has itself just booted out of the "weather add on tournament".There are several other good add ons even offering more. E.g. Weathercenter. It seems no one really cares about this great program.ByeJan

Guest nutcase

well, FS Meteo 6.0 supports the dynamic weather system in fs2004. you can see the fronts etc. e.g: have clear weather to east, have rain showers to the west etc. Active WX:RE 1.9 uses only global weather settings so you can't have this dynamicweather. Meteo 6.0 does use taf's, wake turbulence etc. It's seems like FS Meteo is abit ahead of the rest at the moment.Jan Roar R

Yes (I think),In the past, Marc has automatically sent the upgrade via E-mail to eligible users. I assume this is how he still does it. Alas, I'm no longer eligible, so I'm not positive :-(.Regards,Maddog

I agree,I bought FS Meteo back in April of last year - no more free upgrades for me. If the reviews are good and it really does have SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER features (i.e. different weather in different directions, wake turbulence, etc.), I'll gladly pay for the upgrade. Otherwise, I'll stick with what I've got or go with something else.Regards,Marc

I might buy it, but do i need to buy fsuipc also, if thats the case, then weather no more is very important to me.OHN

Guest joea

I got the upgrade free myself, I bought the upgrade back in the spring for FSmeteo. I am going to wait (a bit)before getting FS2004 but anyway wouldn't use an add-on that didn't allow fronts. My peoblem is I don't have internet access at home so I have to download the weather at Uni.

Guest Speedbird1

The price for an upgrade pre 01 July 2003 is 18 euros and the price for simmers who supported FS Meteo from the start have to pay 29 euros.I personally do not see the difference wether you bought it this year or when it was first released. I am not against paying for an upgrade but it should be one price for all and for new users the 29 euros should stand.I bought mine back in 2001 and with the weather display gauge as well, I feel sorry for the guys who bought it in June.....:-(We not only have to take into consideration what product we purchase now, but WHEN we purchase it as well..Sorry, but no thanks.

Guest nutcase

>The price for an upgrade pre 01 July 2003 is 18 euros and the>price for simmers who supported FS Meteo from the start have>to pay 29 euros.it's not pre 01 July 2003, it's pre 01 july 2002. lokk at the fs meteo webpage.Jan Roar R

>>The price for an upgrade pre 01 July 2003 is 18 euros and>the>>price for simmers who supported FS Meteo from the start have>>to pay 29 euros.>>>it's not pre 01 July 2003, it's pre 01 july 2002. lokk at the>fs meteo webpage.>>Jan Roar R

Guest Binabik

How can I get the free upgrade? Since I bought it december 2002 I can upgrade for free. But I can't find it anywhere on the website?

That is the the BIG issue for me..I was leaning toward ActiveSky, until I heard it killed the Dynamic Wx in 2004.It looks like I'm back to FsMeteo!Walt,

Guest racartron

If you qualify for the free upgrade, Marc will automatically send it to you via email. Got mine this morning. It does require a registered copy of FSUIPC I understand.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what