Sign in to follow this  
Guest edrutl

Active Sky or FsMeteo for 2004??

Its been a while since I purchased these products for 2002.. If I recall, people seemed to like the new ActiveSky over FsMeteo.I'm not sure which to get for 2004...I assume they will help the inaccurate Wx problem we are seeing now. Has anyone have any experiance w these two..Even if you've just tried it, I for one want to get one of these soon!Anyone?Walt,

I'll give this a bump by suggesting ActiveSky. Already, users enjoy weather that at most is 1 hour old compared to some reports of default FS04 downloaded weather being 10 hours old.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest edrutl

The new FSMateo (version 6) seems like it takes advantage of the dynamic weather in FS2004 by sending multiple weather stations.Does ActiveSky do the same thing - or does it only change Global weather?ed

Thats the question I'm trying to be sure about... At this point I understand Active Sky kills it and FsMeteo does not...

Guest Claudius

Active sky doesnt support different weather (clear east, cloudy west) FSMeteo does.You can check this out at their websites.ActiveSky 2.0 will have this feature.Since i own FSMeteo 5.1 i will upgrade to 6.0 today :)

Fsmeteo Is a Emailed only item I assume..Right? I just ordered it but Now that I look at the order...It looks as though it might be sent to my address as opposed to my email.I received confimation of my order via email but no link to a file or attachement.Ewwww that would bite!

Guest WorkingStiff

It is e-mailed.It seems now with the new release that FS_Meteo has now leapfrogged ActiveSky. I used both under FS2002 and I preferred ActiveSky for domestic flights and FSMeteo for international flights since it supported Winds Aloft better....although ActiveSky was better integrated with FSBuild for flight planning purposes.I'm not eligible for the FSMeteo free upgrade so now it looks that both ActiveSky and FSMeteo will cost me to upgrade so I'll wait until ActiveSky 2 is released and make a decision then. From the features list I read it seems that FSMeteo is borrowing heavily from the features available in ActiveSky 1.7 and onwards; like FlightWatch, etc.

>The new FSMateoOk this is a huge pet peeve of mine - I've seen/heard tons of people call this program FS "Mateo" (like a Spanish first name or something) - It's short for meteorology - the study of weather, and is pronounced "MEE-tee-oh"This has been an FS community public service announcement - thank you. ;)Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest goon

You can add to that the fact that Marc Philibert is French (I believe) and 'meteo' is, wait for it, French for 'weather'.Anyone know how it's running under 2004? My copy arrives tomorrow and I just paid for the upgrade to FSMeteo 6.

Tabs, Stay with it buddy! Although I think your fighting a losing battle! Next thing you know it's gonna be FSMackerel!:-lol RPM.

For what its worth, Version 2.0 of Active Sky is supposed to include weather radar. I am looking forward to having radar and the weather generator being released by the same developer. It should take care of compatibility problems.Another plus for Active Sky 2.0 is the planned intergration with Chris at FSW for his clouds. Disclaimer: I have never used FSMeto, but I am very happy with Active Sky.Tony

Guest WorkingStiff

Actually I'm pretty sure he is French Canadian. As far as I can recall from prior correspondence with him, the email headers indicated his mail originated in Canada.And yes, its really annoying to see the program called FS Mateo and FS Metro :-)>You can add to that the fact that Marc Philibert is French (I>believe) and 'meteo' is, wait for it, French for 'weather'.>>Anyone know how it's running under 2004? My copy arrives>tomorrow and I just paid for the upgrade to FSMeteo 6.

Guest goon

But a FRENCH Canadian nonetheless! ;-)Sorry, I kind of assumed he was French from the name, and the French website etc....A friend of mine calls it FSMetro in normal conversation, drives me bloody nuts....

Not to do a comparison of one program to the other, but I do want to share something good about the new FSMeteo Version 6.My home airport is Denver International, (KDEN). For those not familiar with the Denver Colorado area, Denver sits at the base of 14000 feet Rocky Mountains. This time of the year when it is VERY hot here large cumulus clouds build up over the mountains and then turn into thunder bumpers as they head out over the eastern plains of Colorado where Denver International is located.Today for the FIRST time, I was sitting on the tarmac of Denver International with FS9 and FSMeteo V6, pointing to the east the sky is clear and blue, turning the view to the west, over the mountains, were huge white cumulus clouds billing up just as it for real right now.FSMeteo is the only weather program right now that can produce this kind of localize weather via the FS9 weather engine, really cool:-coolJust wanted to pass this neat thing on to all.Bob JohnsonKDEN