Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Speed brake sound at touch down (747 FS9)

Hi,When the speedbrakes deploy at touchdown, I often can't hear their sound, at times yes and at times no. Is it a known bug?Thanks.JamesJames Goggii7-920 @ 3.26 Gb RamGTX 285 Win 7 - 64

James Goggi

Hi James, Please sign your full name to posts in the forum, per forum rules, thanks.It's not a bug. It depends on your system and is seen when the cpu is prioritizing with little resources available mostly. More often if you have on board sound but not only. I have seen it myself at times when using the X-FI but not as much as I have when I had on board.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Uhm, it already happens when I perform a second landing, it seems strange that my system already runs out of resources after a landing, than slew to a mile before the threshold and a second landing. At times the speedbrake lever goes from armed to down instead of up, and in that case the sound is always heard.James Goggii7-920 @ 3.26 Gb RamGTX 285 Win 7 - 64

James Goggi

I'm not sure how much noise the spoilers make at roll-out speeds, the thrust reverse should be about the only thing you hear.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, I have been in the cockpit during landings and I guarantee that the spoiler sound is heard. It is indeed modeled in the 747 PMDG :( .James Goggii7-920 @ 3.26 Gb RamGTX 285 Win 7 - 64

James Goggi

Dan, I have been in the cockpit during landings and I guarantee that the spoiler sound is heard. It is indeed modeled in the 747 PMDG :( .James Goggii7-920 @ 3.26 Gb RamGTX 285 Win 7 - 64
I too do hear it, or at least something (been a while for me in the 744). I know that FSPassengers adds landing sounds. Do you have FSP running by any chance, James?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I too do hear it, or at least something (been a while for me in the 744). I know that FSPassengers adds landing sounds. Do you have FSP running by any chance, James?
I've never heard it in my life - you guys have me interested now? I know the sound you are talking about (I think) - that sort of electric-sounding whir that lasts a second or so? I've heard it on cockpit videos but never in the PMDG. I'll go on a hunt for the sound file.Cheers,Rudy

Dan, no, I don't have FSPassengers.Rudy, the file is \Flight Simulator 2004\Sound\PMDG\747400\PMDG747_SPDBRK.wav.

James Goggi