Sign in to follow this  
Guest nobiles

PMDG Settings

Guest nobiles

HelloI am running the PMDG MD-11 in FSX. When I change any PMDG settings and closing the windows, the settings are not saved. Is this a known bug?Thank younobiles

Adding your full name in you post or signature will help you with getting help about this problem. It's by forum rules.

Guest nobiles

I am sorry, thank you.Mathias Sutter

I am sorry, thank you.Mathias Sutter
This comes up quite a bit, I think it's to do with your security settings if you have Vista or Win7. I still use XP so can't give anymore help but try running FS as admin or turn off all the nanny features, thats why I avoided Vista among a few other reasons. Also search the forum.Cheers

Rob Prest

Guest nobiles

Thank you, I will try this. Indeed I have Win 7.RegardsMathias Sutter

Adding your full name in you post or signature will help you with getting help about this problem. It's by forum rules.
There should be a ban on other members quoting rules to posters.I am tired of reading these posts now and it should be left to the mods to resolve.

There should be a ban on other members quoting rules to posters.I am tired of reading these posts now and it should be left to the mods to resolve.
Hi Graham, Not to turn this into an unnecessary arguement, since I am really responding to this statement to at least say why I must disagree and possibly explain why most of us do reiterate the rules.It is never to start an arguement, or (at least for me) NEVER to say "I know something you don't". <---- I say this because some think this is the attitude behind it.I view forums as a knowledge base, and having read the rules try to let people know so their thread isn't locked or deleted. Especially on the more interesting questions that wouldn't benefit anyone if they were lost.For me it is also to just help and lighten the load for the mods. Let's say they spend 5 hours of staring at code, then decide to pop on by to answer some users questions or give their comments. I think that their time would benefit all of us if it wasn't spent recapping on rules. I rather see their time spent where the majority of people would rather see it, and in answering actual questions & concerns to something that no one else knows the answer to.All in all, I put myself in their shoes, both the mods and someone new to forums. Someone that doesn't automatically know that they should take a couple minutes to read each forums ways of doing things. As a modertor of a much less active forum (windows based) do find it helpful that others take the time to ask users basics like "List your specs" or "What OS?" It keeps me from having to ask this question then wait for the reply before I can actually start helping the person and it's a win win situation for everyone.Again, not trying to argue this topic but just maybe explain why it can be beneficial as well as maybe annoying. :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

+1 leaving the babysitting to the mods. It's boring and annoying, more so than a missing name.As far as the settings, I've had the issue through Vista and Win 7 (x64), and always have UAC disabled and running programs as Admin.The "Pause at TOD" has never worked on the MD-11 (although it does work on the B744). If it's a Vista/W7 problem, then maybe it's an issue where the folder structure is different. I don't know. But there's other threads out there but not a solution. It's probably a simple fix, but most of these quirks drag on because the devs can't reproduce them (ie. black screen on 744, TOD).It's frustrating we can't simply choose a default panel state for starting up the product either. I'm always engine-on when starting the MD-11.B O B B E R N S T E I N

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

I have Vista, MD11 TOD works and I can't load a flight I've saved with engines off and they are off when loaded (after the few seconds it takes MSFS to configure to the load state).I've got UAC disabled and never found a need to run programs as admin. However, I have explicitly set the secuirty properties for the pmdg folder/subfolders to look like admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP