Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Missing ILS, Is there a fix?

ILS for RWY 34L at KRNO (Reno, NV) is missing in FSX. Maybe this particular ILS was not in existence at the time FSX was published-just a guess. Is there a way to add a missing ILS, or does anyone know of a website where there are ILSs available to download and install in the sim?

ILS for RWY 34L at KRNO (Reno, NV) is missing in FSX. Maybe this particular ILS was not in existence at the time FSX was published-just a guess. Is there a way to add a missing ILS, or does anyone know of a website where there are ILSs available to download and install in the sim?
Go into the Avsim library and download and install this file: fsx_krno_ade_rs.zip by Ray Smith. That should fix your missing ILS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I forgot to mention that you coud also download and install the freeware Airport Design Editor from Scruffyduck and you can fix it yourself. http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I forgot to mention that you coud also download and install the freeware Airport Design Editor from Scruffyduck and you can fix it yourself. http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/
Thanks. I downloaded Airport Design Editor and created the ILS for 34L at KRNO, and saved the update per the instructions. But when I checked FSX, the ILS was not working. I probably missed a step so I'll have to double check tomorrow and see what I did wrong. Hopefully, I can figure out what I did wrong or what I missed. Thanks again.

Guest IMC
Thanks. I downloaded Airport Design Editor and created the ILS for 34L at KRNO, and saved the update per the instructions. But when I checked FSX, the ILS was not working. I probably missed a step so I'll have to double check tomorrow and see what I did wrong. Hopefully, I can figure out what I did wrong or what I missed. Thanks again.
Do you have the right frequency in? :(

Finally got my ILS at KRNO working properly. I needed to install the SDK off of the FSX DVD, and then download and install two SDK updates. Once you figure out how to use it, the Airport Design Editor is a really useful utility (which I'm sure many of you already know). For anyone interested in flying in the Reno area, I highly recommend the photo-real Reno Scenery from Megascenery X.