Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

FS2004 - Some nice little improvements

Guest rmce

OK Got it this morning. Went to sleep with gigantic install!!First Impressions?OK eye candy superb improvment. Runways as well.However, first frame rates are very jittery. Hav eG-Force and 2,4 rig with 512MB.Going to have to tweek a wee bitty.First problem? ATC text unreadable against background. MUst be an ink change somewhere to be made.2002 was smooth as glass with all defaults at maximum or as near as damn it. DReamfleeet 727 is still the business, need to ewait fro this one on 2004/Fs9 or whatever we are calling it.Still I got it, so now to play with it.RonMacGlasgowScotland

I love the new textures and autogen. Farm country looks less repetative now. Lots of new items such as street lamps along the highway, barns, grain elevators and silos. I also took a flight in the mountains of Pennsylvania and was very pleased with the increased number of autogen trees present. Made for a much better low level flight. The tree covered hills were tree covered. Railroads are a great addition. With all this, the textures are still much sharper and draw in quicker on my rig. I love it!Tony

Guest rmce

Took off Tri-Linear pushed everything else to Max or very high, and frame rate, atc text all normal and smoooth!!!Tweaking worked.RonMacGlasgow

Guest CargoMun

Love the fact that the yellow lines on tarmac goes right up to gates/parking :)

Some things I noticed, besides the things mentioned already:- Lens flare only visible in Spot plane view. Like you're looking at your plane through an external lens. Beautiful effect, I'll leave it on.- Railroads! And pretty accurate too. Love the powerlines BTW :-hah[p]

I'ts great to see so many positive things about the sim. I'll add another improvement, the flight video option seems to be much better. There was a lot of jerkiness in FS02 and at times it wouldn't even work. I did a test flight recording in the 172 and replayed it in tower mode and it seemed OK.:-beerchug

I'ts great to see so many positive things about the sim. I'll add another improvement, the flight video option seems to be much better. There was a lot of jerkiness in FS02 and at times it wouldn't even work. I did a test flight recording in the 172 and replayed it in tower mode and it seemed OK.:-beerchug

>- Railroads! And pretty accurate too. I actually never have seen one inside FS. Could you gimme coordinates where to find one?? Thanks man.

Well, in the Netherlands (where I live) they're all over the place. Kind of brownish lines. I don't know if there are that many railroads in the USA, but in Europe they seem to be placed pretty accurately (they tend to disappear in cities).If MS has the data to place them in Europe, I guess they are also placed in the USA :-)[p]

Not far from New York, a railroad crossing :-)[p]