Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Anything good from the Bpool thread?

There's a lot of speculation and opinion in that 14 page Bufferpools thread. Is there any factual performance increases by using the BP settings within FSX?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest UlfB
yes
Some did report problems with graphical artifacts. Are all these problems resolved now?

Ok, care to specify?The only reason I opened a new thread was because I found it difficult to sort through the 14 pages of discussions.Does setting BP=0 increase smoothness?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok, care to specify?The only reason I opened a new thread was because I found it difficult to sort through the 14 pages of discussions.Does setting BP=0 increase smoothness?
I have followed the thread through all 14 pages. I will sum it up for you. For some yes, for some, no. :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest SK8RBOI7478i
I have followed the thread through all 14 pages. I will sum it up for you. For some yes, for some, no. :(
Well said, Phoenix! Your statement is indeed an accurate summation of the 14 page thread.

Set BP=0 and TBM = 80 and see if it works, if you are one of the lucky ones, then it's heavenif not you could comb through the thread for the shaders fix, or maybe to see FlyingBits and Bojote scream at each other is text form. There also some Sesqhashtoo posts with all the expected CAPITALS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just another day at the Avsim forums... :(

Ok, care to specify?
Sure. Yes, there is a lot of speculation and opinion. Yes there are 14 or more pages and still growing. Yes there are factual statements about performance increases, as well as equal decreases, and even yes about claimed flight simming nirvana as well as H-E double hockey sticks. The truth is still being determined. The shaders idea does work (at least for me) and Bufferpools=0 does increase smoothness significantly in some machines, but at the expense (in my case) of irregular flashes and spikes. Was (or is) it worth it? Sure, why not? Ideas were swapped and tested. Results are being evaluated. That is good. If we did not want to read or take part in these discussions, we would not be here reading and taking part in these discussions, would we? One tweak I recommend for everyone is HaveFunAndBeFun=True. Happy Spring! :( Stephen

Sure. Yes, there is a lot of speculation and opinion. Yes there are 14 or more pages and still growing. Yes there are factual statements about performance increases, as well as equal decreases, and even yes about claimed flight simming nirvana as well as H-E double hockey sticks. The truth is still being determined. The shaders idea does work (at least for me) and Bufferpools=0 does increase smoothness significantly in some machines, but at the expense (in my case) of irregular flashes and spikes. Was (or is) it worth it? Sure, why not? Ideas were swapped and tested. Results are being evaluated. That is good. If we did not want to read or take part in these discussions, we would not be here reading and taking part in these discussions, would we? One tweak I recommend for everyone is HaveFunAndBeFun=True. Happy Spring! :( Stephen
I just did a 40 min flight in northern california in the FT ERJ-145 with TBM 60, BP=0, Priority set at HIGH. Flawless 30 smooth frames limted by FPS_Limiter.exe, no artifacts whatsoever. Definitely situation depended. Had better luck in dense terminals with 1-2MB in the BP setting. This truly was flawles though.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guys, PLEASE keep on the main BP thread. It's already hard to follow that one thread, don't open second. Thx.

Set BP=0 and TBM = 80 and see if it works, if you are one of the lucky ones, then it's heavenif not you could comb through the thread for the shaders fix, or maybe to see FlyingBits and Bojote scream at each other is text form. There also some Sesqhashtoo posts with all the expected CAPITALS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just another day at the Avsim forums... :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'There also some Sesqhashtoo posts with all the expected CAPITALS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'Really? 'K...

Here's what I got out of it.If I upgrade from 1 gig to a 2 gig GTX 285 and add BP=0 I will unleash the true power of my amazing computer.I saw performance jump 15-20 FPS. That's huge! But spikes and flashes stopped me too.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I tested the bp=0 and it made zero difference for me. Intel c2d @ 3.6ghz and an ATI HD 5850.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'There also some Sesqhashtoo posts with all the expected CAPITALS and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'Really? 'K...
And some CAPITALS AND BOLDS too !!! :(
Here's what I got out of it.If I upgrade from 1 gig to a 2 gig GTX 285 and add BP=0 I will unleash the true power of my amazing computer.I saw performance jump 15-20 FPS. That's huge! But spikes and flashes stopped me too.
Jose, I've got a 2Gb card and get the same artifacts with BP=0 so, save your cash for next CPU generation...maybe!:--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guys, PLEASE keep on the main BP thread. It's already hard to follow that one thread, don't open second. Thx.
Well that's why I opened this one - I was wading through all the pages and couldn't tell what was actually working for everyone.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |