Sign in to follow this  
roydeforrest

Unable to register

Following a two year absence of RC and a reinstall seems to be difficult to re-register.Alredy received four keys and nothing happens.Assistence please.Product ID: -1136347176Key received: HIOOLGNLHHBQDFANGQEDGHLDJIBEJJOF Roy DeforrestAlso a question: Is RC V4.3 for FSX only or does it covers FS9 aswell

Following a two year absence of RC and a reinstall seems to be difficult to re-register.Alredy received four keys and nothing happens.Assistence please.Product ID: -1136347176Key received: HIOOLGNLHHBQDFANGQEDGHLDJIBEJJOF Roy DeforrestAlso a question: Is RC V4.3 for FSX only or does it covers FS9 aswell
4.3 is for fs9 and fsxare you starting rc as an administrator? the key is correct.jd

Thank you for the prompt response JDYes, as administrator. This new computer is on Vista 64.requested key four times because I thought there was someting wrong with it, but now (just compared them) I just realized that they are all the identical.Also, I would like to install RC on another computer, used exclusively fot flight simulation. Do I need another licence?I own RC V4 on disc.TXRoy DeForrest

Thank you for the prompt response JDYes, as administrator. This new computer is on Vista 64.requested key four times because I thought there was someting wrong with it, but now (just compared them) I just realized that they are all the identical.Also, I would like to install RC on another computer, used exclusively fot flight simulation. Do I need another licence?I own RC V4 on disc.TXRoy DeForrestJust tried it again and it did register the application... Thanks.Now all I have to do is solve the missing Dll. file..MSSTDFMT.DLL is missing from C WINDOWS SYSWOW 64What do I do now?I am trying to send you a screen shot of the DOS window.

Thank you for the prompt response JDYes, as administrator. This new computer is on Vista 64.requested key four times because I thought there was someting wrong with it, but now (just compared them) I just realized that they are all the identical.Also, I would like to install RC on another computer, used exclusively fot flight simulation. Do I need another licence?I own RC V4 on disc.TXRoy DeForrestJust tried it again and it did register the application... Thanks.Now all I have to do is solve the missing Dll. file..MSSTDFMT.DLL is missing from C WINDOWS SYSWOW 64What do I do now?I am trying to send you a screen shot of the DOS window.
if the file is missing, it's not going to be able to be registered. if the file is in the system32 directory, copy it to the syswow64 directory, and do the two commands again. note, in your screen shot, you misspelled the first command.you can download and install the vb run time libraries from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=enjd

Here is a screen shot of rhe system 32 file and I cannot finf the MSSTDFMT.DLL either.The funny thing is that RC actually lets me go as far as loading a flight plan, and at which time tells me thar it cannot find the file in question...I actually think that RC has registered...By the way thanks for noticing my misspell on the command line.At this point, I am almost ready to simply buy another drive, install XP PRo and re-install everything and having it running just like "in the good Ol' days. Too many problems with Vista.Thanks for your supportRoy DeForrest

Obviously, the file in question is missing!! So what should be my next move. Re-install?appreciate advice.RegardsRoy DeForrest
the link i sent in a post or two ago, is the microsoft download for the vb run time library, download it, install it, and you should have everything you needjd

Thank you very much for the reply. (and forgive my ignorance, I had never heard of that vb thing)TXRoy DeForrestPS- Were should I install the extracted files? Simply C drive ?

Thank you very much for the reply. (and forgive my ignorance, I had never heard of that vb thing)TXRoy DeForrestPS- Were should I install the extracted files? Simply C drive ?
32 bit, c:\windows\system3264 bit, c:\windows\syswow64jd

Hello JD,I did not work, by installing the vb 6.0 (three times). Looked in syswow64 and sys 32 and the file still not there.Also went through the same process based on the screens above and still get the same error message.Whats next?R.

Hello JD,I did not work, by installing the vb 6.0 (three times). Looked in syswow64 and sys 32 and the file still not there.Also went through the same process based on the screens above and still get the same error message.Whats next?R.
why not do this.go to control panel, programs and features, and uninstall rcthen run the rc setup program again, as admin. i know my installed installs all the necessary dll'sjd