Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony

CH Pro Pedals, brakes and FS2004

Guest Tony

Hi,I just installed FS2004 and am having difficulty with my CH Pro Pedals (USB version). If I depress one of the pedals there is a "Differential Braking" indicator on the screen and the aircraft will slow. However, upon releasing the pedal I get a "Brakes" indicator on the screen and the aircraft will not move. The only way I have found to release the brakes is to set and then release the parking brakes. Very annoying. Can anyone with these pedals comment as to how to get them set up for proper braking in FS2004? I used the same pedals in FS2002 and never had any problems like this.Thanks,Tony

TonyJust to be sure here; have you reversed the brake axises in FS axis assignments? ;-)If so, increase your dead zone for the apropriate axises.Hope it helps,

Differential braking is used for stearing your aircraft on the ground, especially in aircraft type like the DC-3. Until there is enough airflow to make the rudder effect, differential braking will keep you centered on the runway. Make sure you have the reverse mode selected (check the box) on your control settings joystick axis. This should take care of your problem with having to set the parking brake.

No matter what I do or how I set the sensitivities and null zones, the brakes will not stay released. By just placing my feet on the pedals, the left differential brake comes on and will not release on its own, even if I take my feet off the pedals. Likewise, if I press the toe brakes on, they won't release. The only way to release is to hit the parking brake and then shut it off again, but that doesn't help as the differential brakes grab again as soon as I barely touch the pedals. Makes a take off roll or even a taxi rather difficult and annoying.KP

Fixed!I went to the CH website and found that a newer version of their control manager software was available. I downloaded and installed it and then recalibrated my controllers with it. Went back into FS, reset all defaults in the controllers area and it works great. I did have to reassign my throttle, prop and mixture levers on my yoke, but now everything works great.KP

It almost sounds as if the yaw axis got assigned to the brake axis as well. Perhaps installing the new CH manager took care of the conflict during the install process.