Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSidewinder

For Those Who Have FSMETRO 6.0 How is it?

Guest Spilot

I think I am going to go ahead and buy the new version 6.0 because it is up to date with weather and uses the dynamic weather so you see clear skies to the left and a thunderstorm to the right which is the most important thing to me. I would by ActiveskyWx but they lack this feature for right now till v2.0. Does anyone have COF and running version 6 right now, and how do you like it. Is the weather truley up to date, and do the cloud enviroment still look the same as it does in the default mode. Does the frame rates get affected very much and how much thanks a lot everyone.AdamSpilot692000@yahoo.com

Thats why I just picked it up myself.. I haven't received my email yet..But when I do if you like, I'll post my take on it.Most obviouly if the metars are current.Walt,

Guest Spilot

Thanks so much I am really excited to get it if this is true.Adam

I have the new version and have emailed Marc. When I attempt to start FSMeteo without FS2004 running, it generates a Windows error and is shutdown. The old version would start, then say waiting for FS. When I start FS2004 and go to window mode inorder to start FSMeteo, FS2004 locks up when trying to go back to full screen. I'm sure Marc will have a fix quickly.BobP :)

Hmm well unfortunately I thought I would have received my email fairly quickly.It hasn't arrived yet and I have to get some work done, so it will ths afternoon before I could try it, if it arrives then.Bob, did you get it to work at all ? Are you using the lateist Fsuipc?And finally how long did it take before you received your email w the file?Walt,

I gotta say that FSMeteo 6.0 absolutely beats Activesky hands down - there is no comparision for serious flight simmers. FSMeteo downloads realtime worldwide winds aloft forecasts even over oceanic areas, Activesky only simulates the same thing. FSMeteo also has every feature of Activesky now.The biggest difference is that FSMeteo utilizes private weather servers which are much much more reliable that Activesky's use of public NOAA data. Not only does this make FSMeteo tons faster than ActiveSky, you won't get download timeouts of online weather data with FSMeteo like you do with Activesky. I love the program.

Do i need fsuipc 3.0 for FSMETEO 6.0, if so its getting rather expensive.OHN

You need FSUIPC 3.0 (latest is 3.03), but you don't need to buy it; FSMeteo is an accredited addon, which means its author has a commercial agreement with FSUIPC maker. If you need FSUIPC full functionality, you'll have to buy it though. But to make FSMeteo work, just download FSUIPC and install it.

Could someone give me a shout and tell how long it took for Marc to get Fsmeteo in your inbox?I'm rairing to go but it hasn't shown up yet!Thanks guys!Walt,

>Hmm well unfortunately I thought I would have received my>email fairly quickly.>It hasn't arrived yet and I have to get some work done, so it>will ths afternoon before I could try it, if it arrives then.>>Bob, did you get it to work at all ? Are you using the lateist>Fsuipc?>And finally how long did it take before you received your>email w the file?>>Walt,Hi,Marc's email showed up this morning with version 6 as an attachment. Which is how I have recieved all his updates. And I'm still unable to use it in FS2004 with FSUIPC3. Marc is very good with fixing problems. BobP :)

Guest TheSidewinder

It depends on the zulu time you place the order, really. Keep in mind the author is in France (?), and actually has to sleep occasionally. ;) I ordered late last night US time, it was in my mail this morning when I checked it. About 8 hrs later, and I have no idea when it actually arrived. BTW, I am *really* impressed with it. I went ahead and bought FSUIPC and WideFS just to help feed Pete (lol) while I was at it. I'm running FSMeteo on the laptop now while FS9 runs on the desktop, and it's SWEET.Mark