Sign in to follow this  
quepsi83

Beacon, Nav Lights, Strobes & Conspic Lights no longer visible

Hello all. I've installed the JS41 Upgrade and several additional liveries recently. Prior to that and other than the documented un-fixed bugs, Icould see the strobes activate once I hit the switch - lined up on the runway for take off.All of that has changed. Now, I can see a 'hint' of the wing-tip NAV lights. I can no longer see the red beacon. Conspicuity has disappeared, etc. At first I thought it occured after installing the HKG Flying Service Livery. But, now I'm at a loss.From the TOP DOWN view, I can see the wing-tip lights AND the (working) red flashing beacon. But, from the walk around, zippo, nada, zilch.Is it the upgrade that has done this?Suggestions on a fix appreciated.Flaps that won't reset have become an accepted fact... requiring selecting another variation then getting back to the original selection... but we won't go there now.Thanks in advance,Keith

Keith,Please sign your full name per forum rules to your posts in this forum, thanks. Two things come to mind with this problem. The most likely and the one that I have experienced is when loading a saved default flight. I have had on many occasions lost lights such as strobes or more noticably, lost landing and taxi lights where they no longer would show on the aircraft as well as no longer shined on the ground. I no longer see this problem since I no longer use saved defaults. I deleted the saved default and let FSX use it's own default, now each time I load it I select the aircraft and ensure nothing gets left out or corrupt from FS.The other possibility was in a thread where someone had a light issue after installing REX2. I don't recall what light was the problem, but if the above doesn't fix the problem then maybe try the texture restore option in REX, providing your using it of course.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan,Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I AM using REX2. I still don't know how anything could have gone wrong -as I haven't installed anything NEW to FSX in a while. But, nonetheless, reinstalling REX2 and upgrades (appears to have) solved the problem???I now can see the STROBES, CONSPIC, NAV lights, etc... as they're supposed to be seen.Thanks again,Keith

By reinstalling REX2, your original textures may have been reinstated (namely the halo.bmp I believe...) If you change out the lights to REX2 textures, quite a few addons have problems. The best bet is to use the texture in REX2 designed for the RealAir Beech Duke...I had some issues with lights (on RealAir for one) in FSX, and using the corresponding texture in REX2 worked...AndrewPS: Keith, you really have to use your FULL name for support issues here