Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmstiger

Want to have some fun?

Guest hmstiger

Wind is raging today out of the North. Huge crosswind landing on the 25s. Watched a Horizon Q400 crabbed into the wind like crazy, then drop into a wing-low to stick the right hand main gear. Very cool. Colin in Vegas.

Wind is raging today out of the North. Huge crosswind landing on the 25s. Watched a Horizon Q400 crabbed into the wind like crazy, then drop into a wing-low to stick the right hand main gear. Very cool. Colin in Vegas.
Try flying into my neck of the woods in KEWR and KJFK... 68 MPH gusts at JFK tonight! The beach right outside my house is gone, about 200 yards of beachfront eroded right now... the streets are covered with so much sand it looks like snow drifts and high tide comes again in 9 or 10 hours :( Global warming :( LOLEnjoy your flights!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Try flying into my neck of the woods in KEWR and KJFK... 68 MPH gusts at JFK tonight! The beach right outside my house is gone, about 200 yards of beachfront eroded right now... the streets are covered with so much sand it looks like snow drifts and high tide comes again in 9 or 10 hours :( Global warming :( LOLEnjoy your flights!-Paul
Oh yeah! I was listening to JFK tower on LiveATC.net earlier this evening and one plane after the other were requesting go-arounds due to wind shears! 3 planes in a row at one point went missed. I never before saw so many missed approaches. A few did manage to get down and a comment from a American Airlines pilot was like "that was quite a ride..." Most of them didn't even try a second approach and just requested to divert to alternate. Departure controller had his hands full giving all the new clearances!

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Oh yeah! I was listening to JFK tower on LiveATC.net earlier this evening and one plane after the other were requesting go-arounds due to wind shears! 3 planes in a row at one point went missed. I never before saw so many missed approaches. A few did manage to get down and a comment from a American Airlines pilot was like "that was quite a ride..." Most of them didn't even try a second approach and just requested to divert to alternate. Departure controller had his hands full giving all the new clearances!
Must be a nightmare there too at JFK with the runway closure. I just had a helluva landing at Logan.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png