Sign in to follow this  
moghost360

Freezing during Long Haul Flights

I don't understand why it happens. Everytime I fly a long haul flight, it freezes almost half way or just before the half way point to my destination. It happened many time when I tried to fly a common route from Nairobi to Frankfurt with an MD-11. It happened again tonight, a flight from KJFK to KLAS with the pmdg MD-11. I never tried a long haul flight with another aircraft, but I have a feeling that the problem doesn't involve the aircraft itself. This is really getting on my nerves, especially when it freezes when I fly on vatsim. So help is appreciated.System Specs:Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 Processor 3.10 GHz ( I actually unlocked the other two cores, so now the cpu reads it as an AMD Phenom II X4 B50 Processor 3.10 Ghz) RAM: 8192MB Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3POS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bitVideo Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GBMaurice Neal

Hi,Always post your system specs with issues such as these!It could be overheating of your system or of your video card. Run a flight with your computer cover off and see what happens.

Have you put the Vista uiautomationcore.dll in your FSX folder?

Jeff Calder

Have you put the Vista uiautomationcore.dll in your FSX folder?
I seem to get the same. I have put uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX folder.

There are several posts in the CTD forum where we have discussed this - it is a vexing problem to be sure and, given that heavy-iron long haul is my favorite, a real show-stopper.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest zabreen

HiIt seems like a common problem , i have the same thing too Recently i started experiencing a similar problem in FSX. Every time I try to finish the mission "Missing worker" ,FSX freezes then by pressing any button , the game just disapears and I would have to re-start the game from scratch and lose everything in the process. somebody told me it could be a virtual memory problem!!! Has anybody experienced this problem as well?? if so , what is the solution please advise cpu intel 2 gig sd ram ati radeon 4800 hd 512 mb

Is it freezing everything on the screen but the sound keeps going? Or is it freezing solid and crashing to the desktop?Today I was on final for PHNL and I was royally screwing up my approach in the PMDG 747, hit the "TOGA" screw and FSX crashed which lead me to yell at my FSX cd case for awhile then go watch hockey on TV.I was trying the FSPassengers demo the other day and FSX froze but the sound kept going. Got rid of FSPassengers and it hasn't done it since.I know all the random crashes to desktop stopped when I changed the uiautomationcore.dll file. The freezing with sound, I'm unsure about that one. The general feeling around the forums is it has something to do with sound drivers but I have yet to see a definitive answer. I'd like to know why TOGA in the 747 crashed FSX today though. That's a new one for me.

Jeff Calder

Is it freezing everything on the screen but the sound keeps going? Or is it freezing solid and crashing to the desktop?Today I was on final for PHNL and I was royally screwing up my approach in the PMDG 747, hit the "TOGA" screw and FSX crashed which lead me to yell at my FSX cd case for awhile then go watch hockey on TV.I was trying the FSPassengers demo the other day and FSX froze but the sound kept going. Got rid of FSPassengers and it hasn't done it since.I know all the random crashes to desktop stopped when I changed the uiautomationcore.dll file. The freezing with sound, I'm unsure about that one. The general feeling around the forums is it has something to do with sound drivers but I have yet to see a definitive answer. I'd like to know why TOGA in the 747 crashed FSX today though. That's a new one for me.
--------------------------------------------My problem was the animation on-screen stopped with the sound bytes playing. If you 'waited out' the freeze...(so weird!) it would of itself start to work again (FSX) and you might, or might not have a freeze again until YOU ended FSX with a proper shut down. That was my issue. Very annoying.Mitch

I don't understand why it happens. Everytime I fly a long haul flight, it freezes almost half way or just before the half way point to my destination. It happened many time when I tried to fly a common route from Nairobi to Frankfurt with an MD-11. It happened again tonight, a flight from KJFK to KLAS with the pmdg MD-11. I never tried a long haul flight with another aircraft, but I have a feeling that the problem doesn't involve the aircraft itself. This is really getting on my nerves, especially when it freezes when I fly on vatsim. So help is appreciated.System Specs:Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 Processor 3.10 GHz ( I actually unlocked the other two cores, so now the cpu reads it as an AMD Phenom II X4 B50 Processor 3.10 Ghz) RAM: 8192MB Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3POS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bitVideo Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB--------------------------------------------------------------------Somebody has/had this problem, and by uninstalling FSPassengerX, the freeze cleared up for them. If you are running this program, perhaps try and removing it...see if your freezes end. I DID also have FSPassengersX as a demo that I hardly used. I just unloaded it in my FSX folder. Any of these fixes might be just the right connection. Nobody yet can pinpoint the culprit as 'the one'. But one is out there in the wild for sure.Maurice Neal

No. I haven't placed the Vista uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX folder. I'll try that. I also updated my RealTek High Definition Sound Driver last night which helped Mitch. Another thing, I do not use fsPasengersX, and the type of freeze is what Mitch described. "...the animation on screen stopped with the sound bytes playing." Thanks for the help, and I'll try to fly another flight from KJFK to KLAS in about an hour. I'll tell you guys if the freezing stopped. Maurice Neal

Guest firehawk44

There's no error msg or any info on the freeze in the Event Viewer?Jim

There's no error msg or any info on the freeze in the Event Viewer?Jim
Jim, all you had was a notification that you had a APP_Hang error, as well as the FSX is no longer responding.I also had a BEX error report on the AEMODULE.dll (which is placed into your MODULE folder via Audio Environment sound add-on) when I tried to lift off in one of the two helicopter defaults. I have since found out by much experiment cause and effect, that this error is singular to itself and not the 'cause' of the FREEZE/HANG syndrome (my unofficial title of fault). If I disabled Audio Environment, and then tried to lift off in a 'copter, I could, and no BEX crash would appear. Only 'copters has been an issue and every other default plane played nice.
No. I haven't placed the Vista uiautomationcore.dll in my FSX folder. I'll try that. I also updated my RealTek High Definition Sound Driver last night which helped Mitch. Another thing, I do not use fsPasengersX, and the type of freeze is what Mitch described. "...the animation on screen stopped with the sound bytes playing."Thanks for the help, and I'll try to fly another flight from KJFK to KLAS in about an hour. I'll tell you guys if the freezing stopped. Maurice Neal
Maurice, I wish that I could have totally isolated any of my varied actions to rid me of this P.I.T.A. so as to share the findings.I only know that by applying all three changes, did I so rid myself of it. I took two or three test flights of length, error free..and then did an image back-up of my entire system so fast, as to make your head spin..... :)Done....Mitch

Yea. I just finished the flight, and no errors or anything! :( But, half way through the flight, I noticed REX wasn't connected. Maybe REX 2.0's dynamic weather was causing the freezing (well, for me at least) but I highly doubt that. So I'll fly the same flight again and to make sure that REX is connected, and making the updates through out the flight. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't crash/freeze.Maurice Neal

Yea. I just finished the flight, and no errors or anything! :( But, half way through the flight, I noticed REX wasn't connected. Maybe REX 2.0's dynamic weather was causing the freezing (well, for me at least) but I highly doubt that. So I'll fly the same flight again and to make sure that REX is connected, and making the updates through out the flight. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't crash/freeze.Maurice Neal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Maurice, I don't think that REX's weather engine not connecting, was/is causing the freeze/hang syndrome. Many people have experienced 'problems' with REX2's weather engine not fully developing the cloudscape as per the METAR's. I have been using my copy of A.S. 6.5 since last July with great results and no crashes, etc.I'm glad that what things you decided to act upon has given good results. I do suggest strongly though...that when you fly three or more flights from lift-off, down to the 'numbers' over two or so hours in-flight time...defrag your system, and then create an IMAGE BACKUP asap. If therefore, something craps out in the future, you can be assured of bringing back an entire system image that has FSX in a clean unadulterated crash/hang-free state once more. This is so important to do!Have fun.Mitch

ASUS P6X58D Premium mobo,Intel core i7 950 3.7 processor,12 GB Ram,NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460, Water cooled, and air cooled,750 watt PSU *Note: using onboard audio* Newly built in January 2011..ok guys and/or gals, dont know if this will help or not but heres what happened to me. as you can see i built a system that i can run FSX with close to max settings with out much problems. but i have started encountering freezing on long hauls also. it start off with loosing the "ATC audio" i can read it but not hear it. then not long after that the screen will freeze as if i pushed pause, i could still hear sound,but you can tell the sound your hearing is also a frozen sound(doesnt change) then it will reume again for about 2- 5 seconds then same all over again,seems to get worse the longer you go. and when trying to answer the ATC request, clicking on the reply doesnt seem to work and freezez hard for awile. so i paused it for awile,then i heard a fairly deep low buzzing coming from my "Creative "5.1 sound system bass. i thought that was wierd so i unpluged the three wires from the onboard audio in back of computer that runs to my sound system. and freezing stoped everything ran fine, i just couldnt hear anything. so i just orderd a sound card to hopefully take some strain away from my system resorces. i think it might be a audio problem !!!!!!!!! sorry about the long drawn out explanation. Hope this helps