Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

After total reinstall of Vista,FSX, and addons still same problem

After a long haul of reinstalling Vista, FSX, and all of my addons I am still having problem with Duke and JS 41 GPS and gauges with digital reouts getting corrupted with atifacts or flashing small pixals. To back up I redid everthing per Nick N instuctions, I have FSX with acceleration, Traffix X, REX 2, ASE,RC, Orbx, OZx, Nhancer, Game booster, and trackir. I have done the usual FSX.cfg tweeks:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70[bUFFERPOOLS]Poolsize=0 works better for me[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[Main]DisablePreload=1TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=800TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=800 My system specs are as followspower supply 750wQuad Q9450 2.66 o\c to 3.2nVidia 750i4 GB DDR2 memoryGeforce 8800 ultra 768 MBSound blaster X-Fi I am using 182.5 drivers right now and I am hasitiating to try different ones because other than problem with the two planes everything else is really good. Steady FPS locked at 30, smooth turns, very little stuttering. With all my other planes mostly from Carenado,one from aerosoft, and l-39 I can fly all day long with no problems. The duke and JS 41 will most like have this problem although I can sometimes get through a whole flight without a problem. Also it can happen at anytime as I am taxing out to take off or just as I am about to land, or any where in between. So I thought I would throw this out to see if anyone has an idea as to what might be going on, these are really my two favorite planes to fly and would like to get them working. Thanks for any ideas, help, Perry.

I'm thinking video related.... whether it be drivers, or video card failing/heat issues.Normally when you say artifacts I think video. You said anytime you have a digital readout you get the artifacts?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am pretty sure my card is good ran furmark with no issues of over heating or crashing. I only get a problem with two planes and it is exactly the same for each. Both the GPS and any instrument that has digital numbers they all start to break up into small flashing pixals but you can still make the out sort of. Like the radio stack where you set the frequence with numbers. All other gauges are fine. I would agree that it sound like a video issue, just not sure why it is only these two planes,Duke and JS 41. To be more clear, take the Nav radio for example. The Nav instrument itself won't get corrupted the dails and buttons and the frame of the instrament looks fine, it is just the digital numbers displayed in the Nav instrument that get broken up into the flashing pixals. The same goes for the GPS all buttons dails frame looks good, just everthing within the screen gets broken up. Then everthing will crash and have to reboot. Every other plane I can fly with no problem. Thanks for you reply and any more ideas.

Hmmm, I think I misunderstood what you meant. You're saying the actual digital text readout in say, your nav radio, is distorted? That may be a fonts issue. Probably a certain font is missing from your Windows/system folder. Can't think of which one it may be. Have you tried emailing Rob at RealAir? He may have a suggestion or two for you.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I remember similar issue (digital digits unreadable) with Wilco E-jets or other small jet. For me, the solution was to disable UAC under user settings.

Have you experimented with turn off DXT10 preview and/or disabling the Aero scheme I think it is called?I believe that is done this way:Right click on your desktopSelect "Personailze"Select "Windows Colour & Appearance"Select "Windows Vista Basic" from the colour schemes drop down menu.Hope you get the problem solved.

Thanks for the reply guys. Well I just did a total reinstall of windows so I am not sure why I would be missing some fonts, but anything is possible, and yes that is correct it the text that is getting distorted only and what is on the screen of the GPS. I have talked to Rob at realair and he was thinking video too. I am not using DX10 and I do have aero turn off. If it is video I am wondering why only these two planes and not any other problems else where. I will give turning off UAC a try and see if that makes a differance. Does anyone know how to turn off the security alert bubble that comes up every time windows starts up when you turn UAC off. Thanks for your suggestions I keep trying to fugure this out, Perry.

Guest UlfB

You should have turned UAC off before installing FSX and all add ons.

Guest Shockwave
You should have turned UAC off before installing FSX and all add ons.
Surely you can be more helpful than that, He was supposed to know that how?

Yes I did have UAC turned off while I reinstalled everything and only turned it on after I had finished everthing.

Guest UlfB
Surely you can be more helpful than that, He was supposed to know that how?
Hi did :(