Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

Great little Easter Egg

Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet but I thought it was great! There is a small historical air museum in Central Florida called Fantasy of Flight off of I4 right past Lakeland on your way to Disney. Anyway on a flight today in FS9 I thought I'd see if it was there and sure enough it is! Even with the crashed DC-3 sitting by the freeway. Check it out if you have a chance... I'm not sure how to upload images or I would have.Just take off out of Tampa Intl. and fly East. You should be able to follow I4 all the way past Vandeberg then Plant City Airport and then Lakeland. Keep going and you should spot it on the North of I4 with a grass strip and all. Coordinates are N*28 9.30' W81* 49.98'Have fun...Eric :)

Cool! I'm going to visit this place once I get home, but I do wonder though, why does Microsoft add details like this, when Washington Dulles Airport for example is missing a control tower and their main terminal? hmmm

Guest ScottPilot

That's great!There are lots of cool effects in FS2004COF. When flying north of the Coeur d'Alene airport (KCOE) to the silverwood airport, there is a working rollercoaster (cars and everything timed correct) Farris Wheel, and free fall ride that work!The Silverwood Theme Park is a small (not as big as six flags) but very nice theme park in North Idaho.It is such a small area I was shocked to see that Microsoft had included it in the sim! They really have went all out on this one!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS, in the real avaition world.