Sign in to follow this  
WebbPA

Here are some settings for 1Ghz Systems

Guest ScottPilot

After several hours of flying FS2004COF and tweaking every setting available, I think I have finally found the right mix for visuals vs. performance on my system. I started with everything turned ON, every setting set to the maximum value, and then I worked my way down from those settings.Since my system isn

Howdy neighbor (up in Briargate here...)I have an Athlon 900 system and fine 2004 very usable also. I am going to try some of youe settings. It's kinda odd, sometimes the clouds eat my display rate for lunch, and sometimes they have virtually no impact. Tweak, Tweak...but it works for me too...Dave00V (when I can afford it...)

ScottThanks for this. I get my copy of FS2004 tomorrow and must admit to a degree of trepidation with regard to the performance I can expect with my current system. I will definitely use your settings as a start point and then see how it goes. I have a similar system to yours but am still running 98SE but hope this won't make too much of a difference.Anyway thanks again for the advice.GraemeDell XPS_T500 (upgraded to PIII 1Ghz)512mb SDRAMGeforce3 64mb

Hi Scott,Thanks for your detailed info - very helpful.My system is very similar to yours (PIII, 1 gig, 512 mb ram, Asylum GeForce 4 TI4200 64mb, win ME, 1 monitor) and as I mentioned in another thread of your, my results are also similar to yours. The main differences between our systems are monitor, video card and operating system. Another difference is that my auto gen is generally set at max but I have to turn it down in large city areas. So far I'm very happy with the results. I definitly get more fps (5+)with similar setting in FS9 as opposed to FS2002.I fly alot in Switzerland with the Suisse 2002 scenery and mesh. I'm locked at 15fps and constantly get about 14.9 - I'm happy.But, when I fly from DeGaulle airport in Paris, flying the Cessna 172 towards the Eiffle (spelling?) Tower my fsp take a bit of a hit. Same in London, flying from London City Airport towards London (center). If you get a chance I'd be interested in your results for those areas.Thanks for the info.Howard

I have the same graphic card as you (for now) what does the Fog table emulation setting do? Also the aircraft reflections do not work with the MX 400 graphic card in FS2004 (at least they are not working on my computer)

Opps never mind.........You have the MX 440 graphic card, I have the MX 400 grphic card.

Guest ScottPilot

Got to love Colorado Springs Dave!I'm down in the Palmer Park and Powers area in the Heathercrest subdivision, only about 15 minutes to Briargate from here. But I'm close to the airport, yee..haw.Anyways, hope the post helps!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS, in the real avaition world.

Guest ScottPilot

Glad you all are getting some value from the post!That's why I too the time to share the information with the Avsim community.Enjoy FS2004!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS, in the real aviation world.

Geez. Less than 8 hours and you're already on page 6.I have a perfectly functional 1Ghz Athlon that can run anything except Vice City and FS2004 with excellent frame rates. I am not going to buy a new computer just so I can play a couple of games.I hope you don't mind if I copied and printed your specs so I can refer to them in the future.I haven't followed them to the letter but they certainly give me a starting point. You have shown me that I CAN run FS2004 on a "low end" machine. Thanks.