Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirk1000

Better runway lights for FS 2004

Guest dirk1000

Hi everyone!I am good impressed whit the improvements in the new FS9.An important great improvement I found, is the better night approch lights, runways lights, taxiways lights and aircraft landing lights. Now you can taxi (In night) and see the yellow guidance centerline, the blue and the green lights of taxiways etc. It is more realistic and more easy to go.But...(allways a but).Please compare the two sceen-shoots I attach.The firs is in FS2002, the second is in FS 2004. Same runway, same plane (B737).Note the good lighting increase in FS9. Now, can you see the difference in the runway lights?In FS2002 are clear and nitid dots (lights), in FS9 the dots (lights) are biger but looking as "out of focus" (as if you have tears in your eyes).I am an entusiast of night flights. I will thanks any help to work around this.Thanks very much... Dirk Trotteyndirkt@arnet.comar

Hi, To get your runways configs light size add these line under fs9.cfg display: RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0 //scales RAILs and ODALs)Test thse above setup and seeMore the value is lower, more the light will decreasde in size, 0.5, 00.5 etc.The visual in fs2004 are customizible and not an issue.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest kdfw

Hi,If you look at light on real runways, they will appear like what you see on FS9 (larger due to high intensity bulbes). I have never seen runway lights appear like dots, except at small GA strips.Pat

Guest dirk1000

Hi, ChrisAnd what is the line to add for TAXIWAYS lights?Thanks again.Dirk Trotteyn

Guest BrianC

Agreed. I'm always surprised at how bright the runway lighting is when I land at night in real life, although intensity on nontowered runways is often pilot-adjustable, and at some towered airports the controller may be willing to lower intensity for you if there's no other traffic. (If there's other traffic around, the bright lights really help to find the runway among all the other city lights. It's easier to find class D city airports in FS9 than it is in reality.)