Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Spins in FS9

Guest azflyboy

Hello,I was reading the review of fs9 here and was thrilled to see that the Extra and Jenny can spin! I have been trying to get these aircraft to spin by every possible means i can think of or find online or in books. Every means of spin entry I have tried results in one of two things: either the aircraft flops over like a dead fish or it goes into a set of really extreme gyrations in every direction except down. (I have all my realsism sliders on full and have autorudder off) I would really appreciate any feedback about how to spin these aircraft from someone who has done it in the sim.Thanks,David Swindle

After reading the review, I "kind of" got one out of the Extra, and didn't try the Jenny. I'm not as impressed as with the RealAir SF260. I pull power back on the Extra, and then just hold it level as speed bleeds off. At the stall, I hit full left rudder. Sometimes it gyrates some and then spins, but the whole effect isn't as smooth as I'd like it. At least airspeed didn't build up as in a spiral dive, but it was erratic. You could also try throwing in some left aileron along with left rudder. Might try giving more up elevator too.L.Adamson

Guest azflyboy

I tried all of those things and I had very similar results to what you described(I thought It was just me) I wonder if its possible to get in contact with the guy who wrote that report...

In its default state, FS2004 is not capable of allowing spins. Indeed, our Marchetti and C172 which could spin in FS2002, cannot currently spin convincingly in FS2004. But we have found a way round this and will be updating our Marchetti SF260 soon with spin capability to match that in FS2002. We aim to also update our free C172 after this.Rob Young - RealAir Simulationswww.realairsimulations.com

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page