Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MParker873

FMC Colours in Queen of The Skies for FS2004

Guest MParker873

I bought this package for FS2004 last week and I am now starting to get more used to it. However I notice in all the tutorials I have seen on the web the colour of the writing on the FMC is green, while on mine the writing is white. Is there anything that I can do do change it? Also even thought I have set the gyros in the IRS to "Align" I can never get the current position to enter. I have set the rpeferances for the IRS alignment to "instant" however does the FMC still need time to adust to this?If anyone can help id be very greatful.

A realistic alignment will take about 10 mins.You need to set the IRS to NAV and enter the position on the first page of the fmc where it asks you for your airport and gate.

Robert Fitzgereld

Member Services Director

Virtual Aviation Experience

www.virtual-aviation.org

PMDG_T7_sig_robert.jpg

I bought this package for FS2004 last week and I am now starting to get more used to it. However I notice in all the tutorials I have seen on the web the colour of the writing on the FMC is green, while on mine the writing is white. Is there anything that I can do do change it? Also even thought I have set the gyros in the IRS to "Align" I can never get the current position to enter. I have set the rpeferances for the IRS alignment to "instant" however does the FMC still need time to adust to this?If anyone can help id be very greatful.
Set the IRS selectors first to OFF and then to NAV, wait until you hear a <bing> and a "ENTER IRS POSITION" message is displayed in the FMC screen (POS INIT page).Pick to the scratchpad the provided GPS position and enter it to the line with boxes. You will normally need to do it twice for redundancy. The PFD and the ND will go back to life then.

signed: José Luis

Hi Basa,for the FMC display colours, you can go to the main FS menu, then goto Add-ons/PMDG/General/Options/Colors and in the CDU section you have the ability to redefine the foreground and background colours for the FMC.the Green foreground colour is custom made with the following RGB colour settings:- R:7, G:197, B:31the INV colour is R:3, R:116, B:17I hope this helps.Regards,

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5 HF2 & 4.5HF2 and sometimes FSX!

i7-8700K @4.5Ghz | MSI Z370 HD3 Tomahawk | MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor 8Gb |16Gb Corsair 3000Mhz DDR4 DRAM| Samsung EVO 850 500Gb Windows|WD Blue 1Tb SSD SATA disk | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2Tb NMVe SSD disk | Asus 32" PB328Q 2560x1440 |beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler | beQuiet Silent Base 800 tower  beQuiet Pure Power 10 600W PSU

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now