Sign in to follow this  
andysim

Crashing at view change.

Im getting a crash to desktop when running FSX sp2 on vista 32 bit. It only happens sometimes but when it does its always when changing views like from outside to tower and so on. I happens on all aircraft which is a shame as i really want to use the J41 from PMDG now that I can get decent framerates but the crashing is awfull. I see the crash is leaving event logs like the the one at the bottom of my post but dont know what to do. Ive tried a fresh install of fsx but the same thing happens.Anyone know what any of this means? Im lostLog Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 17/03/2010 19:38:08Event ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: andysim-PCDescription:Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e17d3, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x18000021, process id 0x1178, application start time 0x01cac607d41ab981.Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-03-17T19:38:08.000Z" /> <EventRecordID>67755</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>andysim-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data> <Data>475e17d3</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>18000021</Data> <Data>1178</Data> <Data>01cac607d41ab981</Data> </EventData></Event>Maybe its trying to tell me its time to upgrade to Windows 7 lol.

Which video card are you running, and which driver set. Which options in your vid card's control panel?

Its a Nvidia GF 9500GT Driver is 195.62 and video settings are all set to application contolled.

Its a Nvidia GF 9500GT Driver is 195.62 and video settings are all set to application contolled.
Ok, no idea if this will help the CTD's, but there are newer drivers for your card, 196.21http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...96.21_whql.htmlFailing that, try disabling any add-ons, disable other running programs (in the systray), anti-virus and such, and last resort, consider fully uninstalling FSX and reinstalling. If you reinstall, you might wish to follow Nick N's install guide closely. It's very good.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041Good luck.

Ok so ive changed up to the latest Nvidia drivers and done a fresh install of FSX and just testing a few things but cannot get this problem solved. Im still getting.Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61355.0, time stamp 0x4643ee0a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0xa60, application start time 0x01cac832868b7373. Its random and happens when changing views. Ive got it doing it before and after applying SP1 and SP2 starting FSX after every update. I really want to get fsx stable as it seems most new aircraft will be FSX only (a real shame).Its doing it before I install anything and using the default aircraft. I would consider upgrading to Window7 if I though it would help but FSX is the only program on my PC that has any problem what so ever. Even FS9 runs rocksolid with all my addons. I really cant afford a new PC atm.

Might have it solved. placed a copy of UIAutomationcore.dll into FSX folder as instructed elsewhere on the forum now its seems more stable, will keep you posted -)

I can now happily comfirm after 2 hours flying the J41 its most deffinatly fixed and was the UIAutomationcore.dll file. I downloaded the one in a post linked above dropped it strait into the FSX folder and have no more crashing.Im so happy right now I could burst hehe.Thanks to you all on the forum for helping my though my dark times. :( :( :( B) Andy