Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

2004 Stutters

Hello,I know there is probably a message on this subject already, however I find that when I was looking for it, I couldn't find it. So I'm sorry for asking this again.I know that with a low end syestem and a Geforce 2 card, I have to expect lower than average performance. However, everything is running great icluding framerates...My problem is the stutters! It as if the worl is cold and it's sivering(forgive my spelling). Anyway.....Anyone find a solution to that problem yet?Thank you!Paul

Set your options to display "Simple Clouds".If that's not enough turn down autogen and/or active scenery a bit and see what happens.

You may also want to do a search for information on changing your AGP Aperature and AGP Texture Acceleration settings (the former in bios, the latter in the dxconfig program).For many people, reducing their AGP Aperature and disabling AGP texture acceleration has helped with stutter problems.I just did this yesterday and my stutters are gone now.

Guest ScottPilot

This is from my other post yesterday. Give these settings a try, you might be surprised.I am using a Geforce 4 MX440 card which is basically the GF2 card on steroids. I get good results with no stutters and I am using the 3D clouds and Autogen.Scott :-)ATP/CFII -KCOS, in the real aviation world.Try these settings:3rd party add-ons installed in FS2004 so far:Eddy Denny

Before messing with the video card settings, you might want to turn down the sound acceleration:RUN dxdiag.exeGo to sound tab, and slide the "sound acceleration" down to standard.It cured my stutters ( more of a pausing kind that occured every few seconds ).Dick