Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Heads up on new Nvidia drivers

I just got the fresh down from Nvidia, 197.13 beta. They seem to give me about 10% boost in FSX. I created 2 test situations with the same view and settings prior to driver change. So, same setting, same position and aircraft, about 10% FPS up on unlimited.I hope they perform well too.

Have you run any tests for fs9? (not sure if you use that anymore)

Have you run any tests for fs9? (not sure if you use that anymore)
No tests ran on FS9, but as my FS9 is maintaining 40fps no matter where and what I fly, there is no point of testing for me there any more. But I have an old situation file, which I tested last time here on the forums, and it gave me around 90fps, now this same situation shows 97fps.Hope that helps.

I just got the fresh down from Nvidia, 197.13 beta. They seem to give me about 10% boost in FSX. I created 2 test situations with the same view and settings prior to driver change. So, same setting, same position and aircraft, about 10% FPS up on unlimited.I hope they perform well too.
EDIT: Nevermind, I found the driver.

I don't see much of a difference. Took off from 32L in the PMDG 747 with FSDT KORD and UT2 max commercial traffic 1% GA traffic. On the takeoff roll with lots of the airport in view, about 21 FPS. Once airborne going to spot view and putting the whole airport in the window, about 18. Ballpark same as before.

Jeff Calder

Maybe correct post would've been if I added YMMV.

Hi,Thanks for the heads up, we have the same graphic board (GTX285), I'll give these new beta drivers a try.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest UlfB
Thanks for the heads up :( I've updated my drivers regulary and haven't experienced any difference in performance for a very long time. But with these drivers I got a 20-25% increase of my average fps compared to the previous 195.62 drivers. I benchmarked two flights, one over a dense urban area and one flight over a rural area. :(

Gave them a try (coming from 196.21) with my three testflights: zero difference. Not worth the trouble. Apparently the 195.62 driver was very bad... :( For those who reported an improvement: such posts are rather useless if you don't tell us what your previous driver was. And make sure you use the same settings... :(

Guest UlfB
Gave them a try (coming from 196.21) with my three testflights: zero difference. Not worth the trouble. Apparently the 195.62 driver was very bad... :( For those who reported an improvement: such posts are rather useless if you don't tell us what your previous driver was. And make sure you use the same settings... :(
As I said in my post: I haven't experienced any significant performance difference with any driver version since 181.22 up to the 195.62 on my system.Could you please post some info about your system? IMO as important as telling what driver version that you came from and using the same settings when benchmarking drivers. :(

Previously using 196.21 but I did not notice a real performance increase. On the other side, these drivers (197.13) finally got rid of the occasional texure flashing I had before so :(.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I was disappointed in them and went back to the 186.18 release which for me has better IQ.