Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

ES Citation 550 native fsx?

Does anyone know if the Eaglesoft Citation 550 is native sp2?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does anyone know if the Eaglesoft Citation 550 is native sp2?
Not sure what you mean by SP2 Ryan but ALL Eaglesoft FSX Corporate and General Aviation Aircraft are Full FSX/SP2/DX10 Preview Certified ["read native"].Now to a disclaimer and explanation because there are three Eaglesoft Corporate Aircraft that are the exception to the above statement. They are FSX/SP2 Certified but not yet DX10 Certified and therefore fall into the category of Basic FSX/SP2 Certified ["read non native"].Those three exceptions are the FSX CX1.0, Raytheon Beechjet/Hawker 1.5, and Raytheon Premier1 1.5. All three do work well in FSX/SP2 and are only lacking DX10 Certification.In addition we should note that all Eaglesoft Aircraft are fully supported within Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit and Windows 7 32 and 64 bit Operating System.While our website is undergoing a face lift there is a new bit of information at this link: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/introduction.htm

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

That answers it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not sure what you mean by SP2 Ryan but ALL Eaglesoft FSX Corporate and General Aviation Aircraft are Full FSX/SP2/DX10 Preview Compliant ["read native"].Now to a disclaimer and explanation because there are three Eaglesoft Corporate Aircraft that are the exception to the above statement. They are FSX/SP2 Compliant but not yet DX10 Compliant and therefore fall into the category of Basic FSX/SP2 Compliant ["read non native"].Those three exceptions are the FSX CX1.0, Raytheon Beechjet/Hawker 1.5, and Raytheon Premier1 1.5. All three do work well in FSX/SP2 and are only lacking DX10 Compliance.In addition we should note that all Eaglesoft Aircraft are fully supported within Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit and Windows 7 32 and 64 bit Operating System.While our website is undergoing a face lift there is a new bit of information at this link: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/introduction.htm
I was going to purchase the Columbia recently, only to find on install that SP 2 was required. For my typical flights I've enjoyed SP1 and prefer it over SP 2. I thought perhaps it would work in SP 1 because the website itself simply stated it was FSX/SP2/DX10 Preview Compliant. Carenado makes the same statement on their site but their aircraft work perfectly under SP 1. Any ideas if the Columbia would work under SP1 in spite of what the install package says?-John

John, I don't believe anyone on the team nor any of our testers even has access to an FSX+SP1 only setup. I've run only SP2 or Accelleration for well over two years now.Many of the special features used didn't exist at the SP1 level, so my best guess would be "possibly not..."But, with a thirty-day refund available, the only one who'll know for sure would be you... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was going to purchase the Columbia recently, only to find on install that SP 2 was required. For my typical flights I've enjoyed SP1 and prefer it over SP 2. I thought perhaps it would work in SP 1 because the website itself simply stated it was FSX/SP2/DX10 Preview Compliant. Carenado makes the same statement on their site but their aircraft work perfectly under SP 1. Any ideas if the Columbia would work under SP1 in spite of what the install package says?-John
John, as Bill mentioned, it costs nothing to try with the 30 Day refund option. We are interested to know ourselves but we all switched to SP2 for FSX all the way back to the FSX Beta Process. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

John, as Bill mentioned, it costs nothing to try with the 30 Day refund option. We are interested to know ourselves but we all switched to SP2 for FSX all the way back to the FSX Beta Process. :(
Thanks both of you for your answers. I may give it a try then. Regards,John

Thanks both of you for your answers. I may give it a try then. Regards,John
I installed the Columbia (and sorry for hijacking the thread), and it seems to run perfectly using only FSX SP1. I did run into one issue however. On Vista 64 at least, the install wizard removed most of my entries under Programs and Features. I found this out when I went to uninstall a printer driver I had loaded earlier in the week. When I accessed Programs and Features, about eight items showed up then it started clocking. As soon as I uninstalled the Columbia, my Programs and Features entries were restored. I reinstalled the Columbia, and my Programs and Features entries were corrupted again.I did find a workaround which fixed my Programs and Features entries, but it's an issue you may wish to look at. Anyway, I am happily enjoying the Columbia now.Regards,John

I installed the Columbia (and sorry for hijacking the thread), and it seems to run perfectly using only FSX SP1. I did run into one issue however. On Vista 64 at least, the install wizard removed most of my entries under Programs and Features. I found this out when I went to uninstall a printer driver I had loaded earlier in the week. When I accessed Programs and Features, about eight items showed up then it started clocking. As soon as I uninstalled the Columbia, my Programs and Features entries were restored. I reinstalled the Columbia, and my Programs and Features entries were corrupted again.I did find a workaround which fixed my Programs and Features entries, but it's an issue you may wish to look at. Anyway, I am happily enjoying the Columbia now.Regards,John
Thanks for the feedback John. We know that all of our products run well in both Vista and Win 7 64 Bit OS so are puzzled by this finding.Our installer simply reads the registry for the location of FS and installs everything where it belongs so again we're at a loss to understand what happened?We've never seen a report of something like this but it's FS and so we we accept your word. Nonetheless we are glad to hear you found a work around for your issue. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for the PM feedback John. We'll have a look. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for the PM feedback John. We'll have a look. :(
Well, to add to the mystery I noticed while flying the Columbia today that my workaround somehow axed the effects files for the aircraft lights. So I ran the install again and for whatever odd reason, the Programs and Features did not get corrupted. The only change between the morning installs and the afternoon install was my backing out of the PNW demo (which I like very much, but I was going to run a Tileproxy flight and I did not want any issues). Anyway, all seems OK at the moment and I am certainly pleased with the Columbia. I flew a couple of routes today, Minden, NV to Napa County, and Glendale AZ to Santa Ana. It's great to fly and feels just about perfect--and it's easy to grease a landing. And, of course it is fast! :(

Anyway, all seems OK at the moment and I am certainly pleased with the Columbia. I flew a couple of routes today, Minden, NV to Napa County, and Glendale AZ to Santa Ana. It's great to fly and feels just about perfect--and it's easy to grease a landing. And, of course it is fast! :(
Ha ha, fast and high too! Did you try the speedbrakes to get down to approach speed?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png