Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Stab mistrim at takeoff, no warnings?

Please, tell me I'm doing something wrong!At takeoff I set the stab trim completely out of th green band and I DON'T GET ANY WARNING!!! It's not possible!!!PMDG 747 Aircraft Systems Manual, page 11-43: STAB GREENBAND EICAS message: the airplane is not correcty trimmed for takeoff.This means that the messages reported on the manual don't match what has been modelled in the simulator??Please, tell me it's not true!

James Goggi

Your doing something wrong.Its not true. Do you feel better now? Did you look in the abnormal procedures QRH? You may also want to review the thread discussing oxygen deprevation and how it is simulated. [You may also want to look at the date on the manuals.]

I don't understand what you mean.
Try make an new take off with the trim completely out of range (otside the green band) and print a screenie from Cockpit./ Leffe

There it is: full nose down trim...

James Goggi

:( Seems you found something! I haver never made a fault trim, what I know about, so I haven

:( Seems you found something! I haver never made a fault trim, what I know about, so I haven

Rob Prest

I try unusual configurations to see to what depth systems are simulated. I am a bit disappointed, because the takeoff config warnings are important, when you do a flight test after accepting an aircraft or after heavy maintenance, one of the first things you try on ground are the takeoff warnings. I really can't understand why the stab trim is not present and the thing that irritates me is that in the PMDG operation manual many things are described as if they were modelled (among them the STAB GREENBAND message) while in fact they are not!

James Goggi

/I really can't understand why the stab trim is not present and the thing that irritates me is that in the PMDG operation manual many things are described as if they were modelled (among them the STAB GREENBAND message) while in fact they are not!
I can only agree with you! That

What a crying shame! It was very clearly reported in 2003 that the greenband warning was not working (though that might have been on the 737) and they had two whole years to fix it before they last updated the manuals! And it is not as if they didn't get enough reminders. Correctly setting the trim was mentioned at least half a dozen times in the last seven years, though admittedly, usually in the context of turning of the take-off configuration warning buzzer in aircraft that have them. Still, they should have known. And speaking of taking liberties, I am sure that PMDG have short changed us paying customers on the number of rivets the provide.

Guest hangar744
I try unusual configurations to see to what depth systems are simulated. I am a bit disappointed, because the takeoff config warnings are important, when you do a flight test after accepting an aircraft or after heavy maintenance, one of the first things you try on ground are the takeoff warnings. I really can't understand why the stab trim is not present and the thing that irritates me is that in the PMDG operation manual many things are described as if they were modelled (among them the STAB GREENBAND message) while in fact they are not!
I understand your concern, but I'll try to cheer you up a bit.Yes, there might be plenty of items explained, mentioned and featured in the manual, that finally didn't end up in the guts of the PMDG kite. I certainly didn't expect all EICAS messages (about 1150 of them) implemented neither. I never really got upset about it.Allow me to approach it from a different point of view. You'll be surprised, but there are "extra features" in the PMDG 744 model that are NOT mentioned in the manual. A really good example is this:AILERON LOCKOUT SYSTEMIncredible details were included in the model, yet only basic explanation in the PMDG manual of those OUTBD AILERONS. Finding such thing and posting it here was a lot better feeling, than complaining about an incorrect or missing system. I'd like to recommend you to try to find some amazing model logic that is NOT in the manual(s). I think it's more challenging and definitely more rewarding.Can you do that, please? We're all looking forward on your first report. Sincerely and respectfully,delcom

Thank you Delcom for trying to cheer me up. I am out for the weekend but I will check next week and find something not reported in the manual. But I ask myself "would have been that difficult to implement the message CONFIG STAB when the stabilizer is out of the green band?" (sorry, the config warning message at takeoff should be CONFIG STAB, not STAB GREENBAND). Just because this aircraft is so well simulated I regret for such simple and at the same time important features missing, that for me are "no go items". Concerning EICAS messages, the developers stated that they modelled about 350 messages. At this point I wonder if that is true...

James Goggi

Guest hangar744

A nice find about the stab trim greenband three segments. NOT mentioned in the manual, but incorporated in the PMDG model. Left image one segment only, right image two segments illuminated. So far I couldn't get the AFT CG lamp illuminated. But clearly the FWD and MID CG segments are simulated. Great job guys.stabind.jpgregards,delcom