Sign in to follow this  
Bob Deyo

Slow(er) performance in 2D panels?, FS2004

Guest danowat

Hi,Does anyone get slow(er) performance in the 2D panel, I get about 5 fps lower than the VC or external views.Anyone know why?ThanksDan.

Hi, -What`s is your card type?-How is your AGP Aperture set in your BIOS.-Did you have the latest chipset driver installed?-Be sure your T&L is enabledFind your video card in FS9's display.cfg file. Try addingRenderToTexture=0 or you can to add this line TextureAGP=0ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest danowat

Hi Chris,I have a Geforce 4 Ti4200I think the AGP is set to 256mbYep I have the latest driverYep T+L is enabled.I will check out those settings and see what happensThanksDan

Addon planes or just defaults?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi, I have the Asus gforce4 TI 4200 128MB 8x, By default in my BIOS, (Asus p4p800 8x boaed), it was set for 64mb and never had a problems.Only add the TextureAGP=0, this will save you to disable it from your directX, which is better.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

It seems to be aircraft dependent on my system. I haven't checked them all out but there is no hit with the c-172, and with the sm-260 there is a drop from 24 to 10/11.Chris's fix has no effect.The system is an amd xp1400 with gef2 ti 500 video card.Bob Deyo

Hi, Bob how is your agp aperture? .The 2d panel use the AGP3rd party files you can expect frame rate frop, they use higher texture and others things, I have noticed easly this frame drop with fs2002 on some panl and aircraft from 3rd party files.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris,I think agp aperture is set at 64.I just ran fs2002 for a check and there's no difference in frame rate with that sim. Only fs2004.Bob Deyo