Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

ImagineSim KATL v2 lighting question

I have tried to get a answer from the ImagineSim about this 2x now and they will not reply with a answer. You all with this airport, what is your take on the glowing approach lights? They seem way way to bright making it almost impossible to even see the runway at all. So are you other users happy with this or is something wrong with my install or what? See my before upgrade and after upgrade shots below please.Before Upgrade Lighting:katl_before.jpgand After Upgrade:katl_after.jpg

Jim Wenham

WOW, the new lights are bright. I haven't downloaded the updated version yet. I'm still on the old one cause I am always scared of updates when something is working well as is. After seeing those lights i'm not sure I want to update.Does adjusting the lights in the FSX.cfg make any difference by tweaking the values below? RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2 //adjust values to suit your scaleRUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.2RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey cmpbellsjc,These are the settings I am using now which were the same I was using in the shots I posted:[Display]RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.8RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.2I think I am going to go back to the older version. I wonder if I can use the new AFCAD with the older version as the new AFCAD has the inside runways open for AI to land on which really helps with the stuck AI when trying to taxi to the gate. With the new AFCAD this makes it so they dont have to cross a runway to get to the gate which in the past version was a real issue (for me at least). The other thing about the approach lights is that they dont strobe, its just a constant over glowing mass of light.

Jim Wenham

Give the new ADE a shot with the old version and let me know if it works ok. I may do a fake install of the new version just to get the ADE file if it works ok with old version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

turn light blooming off in the control panels of fsx
No bloom here, straight DX9

Jim Wenham

No bloom here, straight DX9
Hmm....Looks like they have not solved their runway lighting disaster for FSX. The KATL is the only one working for me. I have KCLT, KCVG, KLGA and they all have light problems. Lights are blobbed out and performance drops considerably. The only way I fly them is during the daytime or removing the runway_lights.bgl from each scenery folder. But then again I don't get lights. I liked the KATL but that was the only one working form me though looks like the KATL v2 may be broken too.It's too bad --I would buy more of those sceneries but won't touch them until they fix the one's I've got.

Jim Atkins

Hmm....Looks like they have not solved their runway lighting disaster for FSX. The KATL is the only one working for me. I have KCLT, KCVG, KLGA and they all have light problems. Lights are blobbed out and performance drops considerably. The only way I fly them is during the daytime or removing the runway_lights.bgl from each scenery folder. But then again I don't get lights. I liked the KATL but that was the only one working form me though looks like the KATL v2 may be broken too.It's too bad --I would buy more of those sceneries but won't touch them until they fix the one's I've got.
Strange thing is, the lights are huge like this but don't cause the performance implact like the other airports. So they seem to have fixed the FPS problem but not the appearance. They sure do look horrible. I think I will back off to version 1 since I had no problems with it at all, and see what happens with the other airport upgrades.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Maybe all you other users can try to contact them about the problem also they will fix it or tell us if we can. I have tried but no reply and they dont have a forum or any other support. I am back to version 1 as well. I think its funny that in the screen shot showing the lead in lights doesnt even show the lights you will actually get.

Jim Wenham

Maybe all you other users can try to contact them about the problem also they will fix it or tell us if we can. I have tried but no reply and they dont have a forum or any other support. I am back to version 1 as well. I think its funny that in the screen shot showing the lead in lights doesnt even show the lights you will actually get.
Just sent a message to their tech support. Got the automated reply that it was received. Let's see what happens next.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I seem to remember having a similar problem with their KLGA scenery, and it turned out to be a funky halo.bmp file (in fsx\textures\) that had replaced the default. Restoring the default or replacing it with a different 3d party halo.bmp got rid of the enormous light blooms.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I seem to remember having a similar problem with their KLGA scenery, and it turned out to be a funky halo.bmp file (in fsx\textures\) that had replaced the default. Restoring the default or replacing it with a different 3d party halo.bmp got rid of the enormous light blooms.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Just checked and none of the textures in the path you suggested were modified recently. All the other airports I have default or other payware do not have this issue.

Jim Wenham

I thought the same thing at first, so I restored my original Halo.bmp (keep it around because I have had other add-ons change it without notice). It made no difference in the appearance of the approach lights.

Kyle

Just sent a message to their tech support. Got the automated reply that it was received. Let's see what happens next.
I just got a reply back from Imaginesim, and they said they will look into the lights issue.

Kyle