Sign in to follow this  
Toxin

Paintkits with layers

Hi folks,is it possible to get paintkits with layers instead of blank textures?Would be easier for painters to create liveries.ThxPhil

Guest DXFMJ

Sure would be nice, wonder what the reason is why they have never have supplied one? I mean even piglet supplies paintkits with his excellent freeware, lol.I think it would help sales even more if they had a paintkit, reason being, I'm sure alot of artists are put off when attempting to paint there aircraft and if you do paint it you lose details.As a buyer I know when I see fantastic repaints posted up for download, if I do not have that model, more than likely will go buy it.Maybe its too much work for Carenado, or they do not know how to make a paintkit?

Maybe its too much work for Carenado, or they do not know how to make a paintkit?
Well, it is a bit more work to make a layered template, and I doubt that Carenado doesn't know how to do that. :( However, the paint kits are more than good enough. If you're using Photoshop for the repaints, correct use of the built-in (layer) filters will help topreserve rivets and lines (and other special effects like shadows and dirt). :(

Gunnar, I know how to work with it, I made lot's of liveries with the white templates. But it is much more work to get it right as with layered kits.You're right when saying they're more than good enough, sure, better than no paintkit and I like both, the aircraft and the paintkits. But there are minor things to change and Carenado is working on it, I think.What I not want is to make lots of critics about that, what I want is to help to get Carenado aircrafts better and that's it why I asked this question before.I didn't and won't say that is isn't possible to create perfect paints with white layers. The best argument are your paints, Gunnar :(

Thanks a lot Toxin! :( Well, agree - templates with layers are undoubtedly the best to work with. :( So, a request for layers from me too......

Extremely disappointing that such a well known company, does not offer layered paintkits. I have many repaints I wish to do but without layers I will not even attempt it, and I'm certainly not touching those "blank" textures.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I fail to see the problem?If you draw your paint BELOW the white textures in Photoshop, and then multply the white textures, everything comes out perfect.FX8992.jpg

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2