Sign in to follow this  
Guest DannyBoy

Should I delete fs2002?

Guest jallen

I was wondering if everybody just moved their sounds, gauges and aircraft over to fs9, then just deleted fs2002, I would rather move most of my aircraft over to fs9 then delete fs2002. Is that the right thing to do?

What I'm doing is copying the planes from 2002 to 2004, but for the panel and sounds I'm going back to the original downloaded file for the plane and installing the panel and sounds from there into 2004. For payware planes I'm doing a fresh install.This way if there are any unused gauges in the 2002 folder they do not get placed into 2004.

I wouldn't delete FS2002 seeing that there are so many cool add-ons for that sim. FS2k4 may be considered the next step but the way things are turning out there are equal plus and minuses about both sims. If you like airliner flying, FS2k2 is still a good sim for that or at least until someone figures out a way to update the quirky weather in FS2k4 and/or Microsoft releases a patch. Kind of looks like we have the scenario that so many have spoke about before, FS5 - New version of FS including new scenery engineFS5.1 - Refinement of FS95 FS95 - Buggy new Windows Release (fist time FS became a non DOS sim)FS98 - More refined version of FS95, many praised this simulator.. FS2000 - Totally New build of Flight Simulator with all the bugs to match.FS2002 - Refinement of FS2000 90% bug free, only version of flight simulator that has not received a patch (not that it didn't need one but it's one hell of a sim in it's own right without it).FS2004 - Totally New Weather system with issues to match really hope a patch is released for this sim.FS2006 - Well we'll see, hope it follows the pattern mention above....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest jallen

I guess what I'm confused about is the fact that if I move aircraft from the aircraft folder, that the .cfg files and the panel files won't work properly. Do I just Move the aircraft over, and if it is a modified panel or .cfg, change those back to default???

Guest DannyBoy

I copied all my FS2002 add-ons to a CD and uninstalled FS2002. All before I installed FS2004. That way when patches do start showing up I still have the add-on. Also if I don't like FS2004, I can uninstall it and reinstall FS2002 & the add-ons.(Not likely to happen thou. FS2004 is working great for me so far)Danny