Sign in to follow this  
Guest GZR_Frenchy

Applause for MSFS Team

Guest RSmith

Have to admit: I got "caught" in the negative postings pre-release FS9. I was wrong. Said I was holding off, for the 1st time ever, in upgrading to COF. Instead, I paid the remainder of my reserved ticket, p/u my Tin Box, and went home (expecting the worse) (I have a 6 mth. old 9700Pro 128, P4 2.8, 1 meg, etc.) all the components "listed" as "non-performing" with COF.After I had responded to all the warnings - saying "I'd hold with FS2k2"..... what a shock......I was wrong....... LOL !I am not a computer guru, but my system was built new, w/XP Home as the op/sys. I just followed the instructions from FSCOF, and I've had nothing but Joy !Yes, I see some issues. Not all perfect. But the tweaking will be fun. Frankly, in credit to our sim community, in less than 24 hrs. of the "official realease" we had "good & solid" tips pouring in to the forums........Just want to give a quick "hats off" to `ol MS out in Washington, and especially the FS Development Team...... You Done Good !Ok - bash if you want...... I just want to say my reaction to the initial posts was wrong, and my reaction to COF is Great !! Can't wait to plan next flight......RonKORL

Hi, Because you will have to deal with many atittude type, there is some which do NOT have any kind of patience, others don't know nothing about files system/corruption/driver, there is others are thinking they can do better than Ms, but they have never do anything related to 3d rendering engine games or minor thing in their life.You may explain some issue that's are minor and can be easly fixed, but it's like talking to child.There is some poeple will never be happy with any flight sim, because they will always find the 2 things that`s bugs them, but forget all the rest of the freature in the sim.Always easy to find the bad things, but always hard to tell the good things, I am wonder if their own life or their wife/girl freind are perfect, maybe they will talk about I need some patch :-lol?ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest GZR_Frenchy

I had the same experience. Even cancelled my pre-order at Amazon. Then on the 29th the "Sim Gods" possesed me and went to the store and bought Fs2004.Truth is -- my Fs2002 has been tweaked and runs very, very well. Clouds by Chris Willis, tress and autogen by Gerrish Grey, etc. Wasn't worried about the hardware. Dell P4 2 gig machine, with 512 ram and a GForce3 64 meg video card.It was ME that scared me. Always heard what a lousy OP it was. Well, guess what it runs Fs2004 on my machine at 1600x1200 res with all sliders maxed except a few. Pegged at 20fps she tools along at 19.9 most of the time. Very low teens in the congested areas. Heck, I have only been reading/tweaking for two days.Yeah, it's a keeper. Not crazy about the colour of some of the waters and some of the bridges. Now to fly around the world in the MAAM B-25 which also works even better than it did in Fs2002.Frenchy -- out.