Sign in to follow this  
klim1981

how to remove virtual yoke?

Hi all,I am new to flying in VC mode. However after I bought the trackIR tool a new world opened for me.There is 1 thing I tink is irritating me; the virtual yoke. I use a saitek yoke and not like to see the virtual one. But more important I cant read the ehsi very well because of the virtual yoke in front of it.Is there a way to disable this virtual yoke???regardsKim

Guest garwig2

I completely agree that the virtual yoke is a nuisance. Unfortunately, you can't just get rid of something that is part of the model, unless it was created with a feature to remove it. Most airplanes don't have that feature, so we're stuck with it.-Gary

A hidden mouse point is standard with all the models I work on that have yokes. There's no need for it with sidestick a/c of course... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A hidden mouse point is standard with all the models I work on that have yokes. There's no need for it with sidestick a/c of course... ;)
Sorry - this is a new one on me. What is a 'hidden mouse point' ?

Sorry - this is a new one on me. What is a 'hidden mouse point' ?
An area on the yoke that you can click on with you mouse to make it disappear. It's a standard feature on many add-on aircraft, though you haven't mention which aircraft you have the problem with.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Not all sims offer the capability of turning off the yoke visual. The better ones seem to do though.

Guest WarpAir

Many people dont realise how much life is easier when simming with multiple monitors, you can drop all the gauges you want to view on second screen, for example Main Panel display, this will allow you to view main panel without yoke.Having a seperate screen for gauges/weather tool etc makes life much easier,Have vc on one screen, then gauges on the other.the more windows you open on second screen, and the bigger they are, the llower your fps will be though.FSX is to much hassle without a screen for gauges etc.

An area on the yoke that you can click on with you mouse to make it disappear. It's a standard feature on many add-on aircraft, though you haven't mention which aircraft you have the problem with.
...or at least near the yoke. After all, if it's on the yoke and the yoke is hidden, so too would be the mouse spot...Hi Paul! Long time, no type! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

...or at least near the yoke. After all, if it's on the yoke and the yoke is hidden, so too would be the mouse spot...Hi Paul! Long time, no type! :)
Hi Bill; long time indeed. I lurk more than post, and yes, a clikspot near where the yoke was would be handy to make it re-appear.Hope you're well.

Cheers

Paul Golding