Sign in to follow this  
Guest klamb

Will this run fsx smoothly?

Guest klamb

Hi, I have been looking for a pc that will run fsx smoothly with reasonable grahics because my laptop can't take fsx.Would this run fsx smoothly?: :( Genuine windows 7 home premium, 64 bit englishintel core i7 920 2.66ghz (8mb cache) quad core processorsingle 1gb nvidia geforce gts 2403gb triple channel 1067 mhz ddr3500gb-sata-II, 3gb/s, 72,000RPM 16mb cache hddsingle drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (dvd+/-RW) w/ double layer write capability.ThanksKyle Lamb

Yes fsx will run very well on that system. Only thing that could be better is the memory but i think fsx can only use up to 4gb's of memory (Im not 100% positive about the memory thing though)

Guest AvioPyric

1. overclock cpu @4.0 GHz or nearly2. 64 bit OS is good enough but use 3 x 2 Gb triple chanel

It will if you overclock it as suggested above.Also get a better video card - the GTX275 would be a good one.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Also get a better video card - the GTX275 would be a good one.
I looked at NewEgg to see what you were paying for that GTS240 video card and can't even find them listed anymore. A GTX275 is a marriage breaker, and I wouldn't expect that the processor could feed it fast enough in FSX to get your money's worth. From a value/performance standpoint, I can't see going over a GTX260 and expect the GTS250 would be adequate. I see the the GTS250 as on par with the 9800GTX+ that I am using, and I'm completely satisfied with the smoothness. Overclocking the i7 920 is the key.

Art

You probably couldn't find a GTS 240 because there's no such thing. It is the GT 240, and it's about the same as a 9600 GT in terms of performance.

A GTX275 is a marriage breaker, and I wouldn't expect that the processor could feed it fast enough in FSX to get your money's worth.
What??????If he's planning on doing any overclocking (which he'll want to if he wants to enjoy FSX), the 275 is a great match, heck I'd recommend the GTX285 but that's even more.I'd also get 6GB of ram with that... 3gb is pretty much the minimum for FSX

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What??????If he's planning on doing any overclocking (which he'll want to if he wants to enjoy FSX), the 275 is a great match, heck I'd recommend the GTX285 but that's even more.I'd also get 6GB of ram with that... 3gb is pretty much the minimum for FSX
I thought I'd get a comeback on that. Anyone who is proposing a GT240 video card obviously wants to get by with the least expense. The GTS250 is not much more. The GTX260 or 275 is more than twice the cost, but probably worth it. I did not realize that the 275 price was as low as it is (currently out of stock at NewEgg).

Art