Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FS9 Crash to Desk top 3-4 minutes into flight

Guest AJ

Having been really pleased with the sim myself, I got a copy for my Dad. Unfortunately, he is having problems and I am hopoing you guys can help me help him out.After a fresh install (no addons, cracks, or anything else) the sim boots up fine. He is using all the default settings. He starts a flight from Seatac in the default Cessna from the end of the runway. Everything looks fine and he takes off normally. Approximately 3-4 minutes into the flight the joystick and keyboard go dead (sound continues), followed by total crash to desktop 4-5 seconds later. THe error message indicates a fatal error in FS9.exe (I can get the total error report form him if you need it). The problem is consistantly repeatable and he has tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling, but the result is identical. His system specs:Athlon 2.2 gigGForce TI4400512 megs DDRWindows XPAny ideas?Andrew

Guest firehawk44

Andrew,Have you checked out "Troubleshooting". When you start the sim, goto the menu bar, click on Help then Troubleshooting. I think you'll find the answer to your problem(s) there. It's quite extensive. Good luck!Jim

The total error information would help. Also, is your Dad getting a send/don't send request. If so, have him click on the details and provide that information. Lastly, make sure he sends the report. Believe it or not, MS does use the error reports to fix problems.Is this the first flight simulator your Dad has installed. If so, it may be that he needs to update the drivers for the MOBO controller chips, graphics adapter, sound.Another area to look at is MOBO CPU and case Temperatures. Most modern BIOS provide a Computer Health page. If you can enter BIOS, look for this page and view the temperatures. If the CPU temperatures are above 55degC, then that may be the problem. If the temperatures are high and he feels comfortable removing the cover, he can check to see if all the fans are operating properly.If they are dirty or not operating, then shut the computer OFF, unplug from the wall power and try carefully cleaning them. If a fan still doesn't work, then it will need replacing.You may find fans on the CPU, MOBO controller chips, graphics adapter, powersupply, and case.W. Sieffert