Sign in to follow this  
Guest federico83

B 747 and ILS problem

Guest federico83

Daer Vrtual Pilots,I'd like solve my problem with ILS sistem. I try to explain that.As soon as ATC comunicates the landing runways, i set it in FMC by clicking in DEP/ARR page. On EFIS appears the pattern, but FPD doesn't notice anything, also within 20 miles. I've read the 747 manual where it's written: after having set the landing runway, FMC automatically tunes the exact ILS frequency and it's possible see in Radio Nav page. Nothing..Under ILS (Radio nave Page) I always see "Park" and I can't land using PFD instrument.Could you help me?Thanks a lot pilots!!! :( :(

Daer Vrtual Pilots,I'd like solve my problem with ILS sistem. I try to explain that.As soon as ATC comunicates the landing runways, i set it in FMC by clicking in DEP/ARR page. On EFIS appears the pattern, but FPD doesn't notice anything, also within 20 miles. I've read the 747 manual where it's written: after having set the landing runway, FMC automatically tunes the exact ILS frequency and it's possible see in Radio Nav page. Nothing..Under ILS (Radio nave Page) I always see "Park" and I can't land using PFD instrument.Could you help me?Thanks a lot pilots!!! :( :(
Please sign your full name according to forum rules!Yes, we can. The easiest and most rewarded way for you, is to d/l this Tutorial for the PMDG 747http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=101674 (You must log in to Flightsim first though)Or to look and learn from this Tutorial video, with PMDGs 747. The Tutorial will learn you all froman Cold and dark cockpit state, to landing and shutdown of the ac. (10 videos in all) Use full screen for best result, when watching
/ Leffe

Hi,It could be a few things:- Can you tell us if this happens to a specific runway/ILS or you just don't get auto-tuning at all on the FMC for any airport?Do you have any airport-add-ons loaded?A screenshot of the FMC Dep/Arr pages and the LEGS pages for arrival would be useful to understand further.thanks,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Guest federico83
Please sign your full name according to forum rules!Yes, we can. The easiest and most rewarded way for you, is to d/l this Tutorial for the PMDG 747http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=101674 (You must log in to Flightsim first though)Or to look and learn from this Tutorial video, with PMDGs 747. The Tutorial will learn you all froman Cold and dark cockpit state, to landing and shutdown of the ac. (10 videos in all) Use full screen for best result, when watching
/ Leffe
Dear Leffe,I apologise to be rude. I thank you for your help. This evening I'll try to follow your indications...Finger crossed! Tomorrow I'm saying to you what it happend!Have a nice dayfederico

Guest federico83
Hi,It could be a few things:- Can you tell us if this happens to a specific runway/ILS or you just don't get auto-tuning at all on the FMC for any airport?Do you have any airport-add-ons loaded?A screenshot of the FMC Dep/Arr pages and the LEGS pages for arrival would be useful to understand further.thanks,
Hi,It doesn't work for any airport, unlucky. I have some airport-add-ons loaded in my FS, but this problem happens for all of these. I can't understand why..If you allow, I repet my procedure to land. After having had the runway for landing, i use FMC to set ILS approch. I open DEP/ARR page and activate the corrispondent runway pressing EXEC. I've read the manuals where it's written then ILS frequency is auto-tuned..Good, but not for me. In fact, in Radio Nav page there is always written Park under ILS voice instead of the correct frequency. I can't manually change it..I think it's really inusual..What do you think? Should I re-install this product? Would it be enought?ThanksFederico

Hi federico, Possibly a reinstall or maybe just for giggles download and reinstall all the latest C++ runtimes. If you use aa 64 bit os, you need both the 32 and 64 runtimes so all and all you would download 32 bit 2005 & 2008, and 64 bit 2005 & 2008. Checking to make sure .net framework is turn on and up to date might help to. By up to date I just install it over itself.The word "Park" will always be in the FMC's Nav Rad page until you get close enough for the ILS to automatically load. It won't load it until you are within range and you then tracking the airport vor. I had one issue once where it didn't load my my ILS freq, but was very impressed that when I did manually it jumped right on it and took right down with no issues or go around needed (noticed it very late, and was a newb back then and didn't do my radio checks on approach :( ). Other than that I have never had it no load it. I normally hear the Ident morse code about 20-30 miles out, depending of course which way I'm coming in I thinks. So, with what I've read, you might have a problem going on there or something isn't getting loaded or done correctly.Good luck,PS. You have been asked to sign your full name. It's forum rules here and you should listen to those that have mentioned it, thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi,It doesn't work for any airport, unlucky. I have some airport-add-ons loaded in my FS, but this problem happens for all of these. I can't understand why..If you allow, I repet my procedure to land. After having had the runway for landing, i use FMC to set ILS approch. I open DEP/ARR page and activate the corrispondent runway pressing EXEC. I've read the manuals where it's written then ILS frequency is auto-tuned..Good, but not for me. In fact, in Radio Nav page there is always written Park under ILS voice instead of the correct frequency. I can't manually change it..I think it's really inusual..What do you think? Should I re-install this product? Would it be enought?ThanksFederico
Hi Federico,As Dan suggests, ILS will not go live until in range of the ILS signal of the runway.Excuse me for asking dumb questions, but what approach are you using? Are you trying to land by hand or on automatic? The ILS should tune automatically once you're in range of the airport and you have activated APP mode. In the FMC NAV-RAD page, do you see any frequency and course information displayed before "PARK" message. If not, then I suspect the Arrival route is not being accepted by the FMC.Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Guest federico83

Hi dear,Excuse me again for my fault to not sign my surname!I usually prefer landing on automatic till when i can see the runway. I use ILS Approch. In DEP/ARR page I set ILS runway and the corrispondent STAR (e.g. ILS27R transition EPM for EGLL). But nothing happens and I don't know why. I've read that it's autotuned in RAD NAV..I expect ILS vectors within 25 miles, as usual...A friend of my said to me that I can manually tune the frequency: but where? I know for B737, bu not for 747 cause I can tune the frequency on pedestal.When I organize my flight path, I usually set just departure's runway after that ATC communicates to me..I can't know the arrival runway before being near Airport destination because every time ATC gives me a different approch..I don't fly on line yet.. So it's always written PARK.For Dan: I apologize to you because I don't have an enough knowledge about my processor..For me your numbers are completely strange! :( Good luck? Finger Crossed for me Dan!! I've contacted PMDG support but they have a problem to help me..and not only for my english! :( Like you, they can't understand why...I'm so confused because I'v never had a similar problem with other airplane...E.g. I used to fly by WIlco Airbus 330 and 340..There ILS frequency is autotuned, as you can imagine, but they never give me problems...So I'm sad: I can't cleary flight by the queen of the sky. If I should land and the wether is not good (e.g. snowing, raining...), how can I do? :DTnx!!Federico Maselli

/A friend of my said to me that I can manually tune the frequency: but where? Federico Maselli
Hi Frederico!Look here on those 2 pics. It

Guest federico83

Dear Leffe,you are the best! It was so simple to manually tune! :D As we usually say in Italy: I lost myself in a water-glass (obviously it's a literal translation! :D).But...Could I ask you something more? Is it normal that for some airports it isn't auto-tuned (e.g. Frankfurt/Main) while for others it is (e.g. Kennedy)?And...I'm green in this field...In the CDU you wrote 110.70/249. What does 249 mean?Thanks a lot!Federico Maselli

249 is the runway heading so the plane knows where it's heading to...But from reading your posts Federico I think that you must be doing smth wrong. It's not very possible that ILS works for some airports and for others it doesn't. It either works for all or not! Even if you have addons it's also impossible that all these have corrupted AFCAD unless... you have very old AIRAC cycle (the original that comes with the plane is 2006 if I'm not mistaken). Maybe your solution is to update this (?)

Dear Leffe,you are the best! It was so simple to manually tune! :D As we usually say in Italy: I lost myself in a water-glass (obviously it's a literal translation! :D).But...Could I ask you something more? Is it normal that for some airports it isn't auto-tuned (e.g. Frankfurt/Main) while for others it is (e.g. Kennedy)?And...I'm green in this field...In the CDU you wrote 110.70/249. What does 249 mean?Thanks a lot!Federico Maselli
Hi again!110.70 is the frequency, 249 is the heading to the rwy.If the landing rwy is equipped with ILS or LOC, the ac will autotune some 20-30 NM out. Just look in your NAV/RAD page when you are decending.If the rwy is only equipped with a VOR ,VOR/DME or NDB you can

Hello Frederico 83, have the same issue. 747 (PMDG) does not catch ILS nor LOC when guided by ATC, iourI wonder if you found the solution for this issue, since I did not! When flying with the 737-800 series of PMDG, do not have this problem. Please let me know.

Regards, Maranduba