Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

Are all Vistaliner models without strobe lights?

Hello,I have FS2004 and recently found two great freeware models by Vistaliners. The L-1011 and the Boeing 727-200. I noticed that both models do not have strobe lights in the wingtips. I searched in this forum for a similar topic, but, I couldn't find anything related to it. I hope I did not miss it, if I did I apologize for asking it again. Were both models intended not to have the strobe lights, or was this item in the works while being developed?. Is it possible that strobe lights can be programmed to make them function or perhaps is there a patch available somewhere?. I am aware that all payware 727s such as CaptainSim or Dreamfleet have them, and I would certainly be glad to see it with the Vistaliners model. Even the AI traffic models such as the Aardvark have it. I was just wondering from all model experts if there is a possibility to make it work.I will appreciate any input. :(

You could add strobes in the aircraft.cfg lights section. It's just a matter of trial and error until you get them positioned exactly where you want them.Where did you find the Vistaliners L-1011 model still available for download?John

Guest belga1

Hello,For strobe lights (Tristar) you can try this (strings in bold to be added in the lights section of aircraft.cfg)[lights]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.0 = 1, 24.59, -1.438, 15.57, fx_beaconh ,light.1 = 1, 21.39, 1.438, 15.57, fx_beaconh ,light.2 = 1, 6.345, -2.504, -4.682, fx_beaconb ,light.3 = 1, 6.345, 2.504, -4.682, fx_beaconb ,light.4 = 2, -44.91, 78.95, 6.35, fx_strobe ,light.5 = 2, -44.91, -78.95, 6.35, fx_strobe ,The problem is .. this mod is not perfect (as you will seen) cause flex wings ...For be perfect the strobe as to be hardcoded in the MDL (model) .. and that only the model author can make it !For the height you can play with the number 6.35 .. but it will be a compromise .....- 78.95 and 78.95 are the left-right position- 44,91 is the forward-rear positionfx_strobe is the effect (you can change for a more suitable)Regards.bye.gifGus.

Gus,You have the answer I needed. Thanks for being so insightful. I am not home right now, but I will try your suggestion. I appreciate your clear explanation as I am a novice at doing this.Thanks again,Hernan :(

Hi Gus,I was able to get the strobe lights working thanks to your help. :( Here is a video:

Guest belga1

Hello,Nice work and nice video :( BTW check your PM.Regards.Gus.bye.gif