Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

YMML 1.5 Texture Flow version

The much anticipated patch for ORBX YMML is done.....Not at home, is it better on the frames now?

It is definitely better on frame rate. In may case I got an increase from about 15-16 to 22-24. Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

It is definitely better on frame rate. In may case I got an increase from about 15-16 to 22-24. Harry
Yes, Same here. Another big difference seems to be a fluidity that was not there before. This texture flow idea is really significant in freeing up machine resources somehow. I wonder how it works? ...let me rephrase that, I know how it works, it works great! No, I wonder why it works, just what makes the textures so much easier to render. Orbx Texture Flow technology seems to make fast machines faster and slower machines stronger. Good work!Stephen

It just goes to show you how much is left to learn about the innards of FSX - and it's quite a few years old already. Wonder what we'll find if we have another couple of years to dig around?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

It just goes to show you how much is left to learn about the innards of FSX - and it's quite a few years old already. Wonder what we'll find if we have another couple of years to dig around?
I'm getting frame rates in the mid twenties at YMML now, which is an astonishing percentage improvement. Add-ons like this keep raising the bar for new flight sims. It is not enough for a new sim to be better than FSX. It has to be better than FSX plus add-ons. So whether we have another couple of years or not depends, not on FSX, but on what else hits the market. FSX would not be around now if there was an alternative that was consistently better. Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I'm getting frame rates in the mid twenties at YMML now, which is an astonishing percentage improvement. Add-ons like this keep raising the bar for new flight sims. It is not enough for a new sim to be better than FSX. It has to be better than FSX plus add-ons. So whether we have another couple of years or not depends, not on FSX, but on what else hits the market. FSX would not be around now if there was an alternative that was consistently better. Cheers,Noel.
Does anyone have a link to this SP? I checked the FTX site http://fullterrain.com/ and couldn't see this on their support page.Thanks- I used to live in Melbourne and have flown may times in and out of YMML as a pax- this product does it really well.Bruce.

Does anyone have a link to this SP? I checked the FTX site http://fullterrain.com/ and couldn't see this on their support page.Thanks- I used to live in Melbourne and have flown may times in and out of YMML as a pax- this product does it really well.Bruce.
Hi Bruce,Go to the FSS Flight Sim Store and login into your account and just download YMML again and install. The new download will be version 1.5 with Texture Flow.Stephen

Hi Bruce,Go to the FSS Flight Sim Store and login into your account and just download YMML again and install. The new download will be version 1.5 with Texture Flow.Stephen
Hi Steven,Thanks- will do- I assume an uninstall of my existing YMML is required first?Thanks, Bruce.

Looking forward to giving this a try! YMML is the only FTX product I ever had trouble with.

Hi Steven,Thanks- will do- I assume an uninstall of my existing YMML is required first?Thanks, Bruce.
Bruce,Nope, at least I didn't. Just run the new installer and you are good to go. :( Stephen

Bruce,Nope, at least I didn't. Just run the new installer and you are good to go. :( Stephen
Thanks Stephen, much appreciated.Bruce.