Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aidi

GoFlight Software 1.27- Full of Bugs?

Guest product

Just did a clean install of the the new GoFlight 1.27 software (Windows XP), and it seems to be full of problems working with FS2004. This in contrast to the seamless operation of the old software in FS2002.Specifically, the problems I'm having are:1. No recognition of the GF-45 unit from a P-8. I used to have this programmed to allow the P-8 to drive the G-45 as an autopilot and intrument. Now it won't even make the G45 light up (though the 45 lights up fine during programming and startup)2. P-8 doesn't run the GF-166 well- the Com1 seems to function, but not the Nav1, ADF, transponder select, etc.3. All the lights on all the buttons are "on" each time I start up FS2004, even though I have the software configured to "blank all LEDs on shutdown". Very annoying.Is anyone else experiencing this sort of thing? Any answers from GoFlight? You would have thought they'd test this release with FS2004 before they eMailed its availability... do they have a support forum?Best,Joel

>Just did a clean install of the the new GoFlight 1.27>software (Windows XP), and it seems to be full of problems>working with FS2004. This in contrast to the seamless>operation of the old software in FS2002.>The same problems happen when running in FS2002 and 2004 so it's not he 2004 DLL.>1. No recognition of the GF-45 unit from a P-8. I used to have>this programmed to allow the P-8 to drive the G-45 as an>autopilot and intrument. Now it won't even make the G45 light>up (though the 45 lights up fine during programming and>startup)>Yup, have that too. Only GF_x_AP seems to work (little use as it's the only one).>2. P-8 doesn't run the GF-166 well- the Com1 seems to>function, but not the Nav1, ADF, transponder select, etc.>COM1, COM2, ADF and XPDR work for me. NAV1 and NAV2 do not.Haven't tried others.To get NAV1 and NAV2 you can now set those to one of the bottom buttons on the GF166, works flawlessly. Set the FREQ/OBS toggle on the other GF166 button and you're set.>3. All the lights on all the buttons are "on" each time I>start up FS2004, even though I have the software configured to>"blank all LEDs on shutdown". Very annoying.>Some do, some don't.Guess they are not reset properly after detection.>Is anyone else experiencing this sort of thing? Any answers>from GoFlight? You would have thought they'd test this release>with FS2004 before they eMailed its availability... do they>have a support forum?>I guess they tested it with a prerelease version or maybe it's OS dependent and we're running a different combination of patchlevels and OS.AFAIK there is no support forum.Have you emailed them? That's usually a useful way to tell developers about problems (far more so than ranting in open forums and newsgroups).

Guest product

I did eMail them, as have a few others (from what I see)... apparently no responses yetJoel

Guest Aidi

I have downloaded and installed the v1.27 software for the GF units and they work flawlessly on my system. I must admit that when first installed them (over the top of the exisiting software) I did experience problems. I could make all the settings i required, but they would not hold when the sim loaded. I de-installed the software, and re-installed v1.27 and from that point on I have had no problems. Everything works as it "says on the tin" The other thing you might want to try, is hit the options button in the gf software, and update all planes. Dont know if this might help, but it wont hurt to try.RgdsAidi