Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Runtime error 713

I've recently had a computer crash and had to re-install Windows 7 64 bit.Having spent a couple of days getting FS9 back to where it was, including re-installing Radar Contact, I tried to do a flight this evening. As soon as I selected the flight plan in Radar Contact I got the following message:-"Runtime error 713. Class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on your machine:-MSSTDFMT.DLL"I've Googled this file and from what I've read on various forums there is a lot of uncertainty about how and where to install it. One PC magazine website warned against d/loading it from the numerous sites that offer it free.Has anyone else had this message and if so, how did you fix the problem please?Iain Smith

Just seen jd's instructions on how to register this file. However, my problem seems to be that the file is not present in either the system32 or sysWOW64 directories. I searched the Microsoft download site but that search returned nothing.Anyone know a reliable source where I can get the file? Then I can follw jd's instructions and hopefully fix the problem. Thanks.Iain Smith

Just seen jd's instructions on how to register this file. However, my problem seems to be that the file is not present in either the system32 or sysWOW64 directories. I searched the Microsoft download site but that search returned nothing.Anyone know a reliable source where I can get the file? Then I can follw jd's instructions and hopefully fix the problem. Thanks.Iain Smith
i think this link will workhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

JDYesterday night I reinstalled RC and when I opened for flight plan. I received the same error msg. I downloaded your link from Microsoft. Nothing happened. I found msstdfmt.dll in Internet. I insert to my Registry. No success.Do you have any advise.ThanksSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

JDYesterday night I reinstalled RC and when I opened for flight plan. I received the same error msg. I downloaded your link from Microsoft. Nothing happened. I found msstdfmt.dll in Internet. I insert to my Registry. No success.Do you have any advise.ThanksSanal
32 bit or 64 bit windows?

32 bit or 64 bit windows?
JD,Thank you very much. I spend many hours in INTERNET trying to solve this problem. I didn't realize you already has the solution , at the top of this form." Pinned: 713 and unregistered dll's" . I did followed your instruction and solved the problem.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Thanks jd. That link gave access to a download for Visual Basic setup which when run did nothing to help the problem. So I d/loaded the missing dll from www.dll.com, put it in the sysWOW64 directory, followed your instructions for the DOS command and now all is well. Thanks!Iain Smith

I guess I'm a total idiot because I cannot get this to work. There are multiple posts regarding this covering multiple versions of the OS. Going to the Microsoft link takes me to the Visual Basic 6.0 download but the latest OS's such as Win7 are not 'supported' according to that old web page. Is it safe to try and run the VB6.0 installer on Win7? Not sure, so I tried just adding the missing .dll file. No joy. Very confusing. iansmith's post below seems to say he put the .DLL file into \sysWOW64 and ran the DOS command given, but that does not make sense for that directory. What am I missing? Here's what I've tried:Win7 64d/l the missing MSSTDFMT.DLL file from the link JD provided (ascentive.com)Copied that dll file into both the \system32 and the \sysWOW64 directoriesTyped in the command line from the \system32 directory regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL and received an error "Failed to load - specified module could not be found."Tried a similar command for the \sysWOW64 directory with the same results.Can someone step me through this fix with Win7, please. The FAQ's here run way back five years or more and Win7 64 is a slightly different animal.

Disregard. The proper thread did not appear in my search list. If anyone else lands here, the correct thread is here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/265834-713-and-unregistered-dlls/

I've recently had a computer crash and had to re-install Windows 7 64 bit.Having spent a couple of days getting FS9 back to where it was, including re-installing Radar Contact, I tried to do a flight this evening. As soon as I selected the flight plan in Radar Contact I got the following message:-"Runtime error 713. Class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on your machine:-MSSTDFMT.DLL"I've Googled this file and from what I've read on various forums there is a lot of uncertainty about how and where to install it. One PC magazine website warned against d/loading it from the numerous sites that offer it free.Has anyone else had this message and if so, how did you fix the problem please?Iain Smith
have you read the pinned topic on how to fix this? let me know if you are still having problemsjd