Sign in to follow this  
Guest BA940

CTD FS9 & Aerosoft Heathrow 2008

Guest BA940

Hey guys,first off let me throw my specs at you so we know what were dealing with;Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.66 GhzGigabyte EX58-UD5 moboHIS Ati Radeon HD4870 1024mb graphics card6Gb Ripjaw DDR3 tri channel memoryCorsair H50 CPU water cooler115Gb Sata II hardriveCorsair HX850 850w Power SupplyWindows Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1 The problem is......I have not had a problem with this new rig, im running FS9 and its been a dream, However tonight, i was flying online with Vatsim, from Oslo Gardermoen into Heathrow (more specifically Aerosoft Heathrow 2008), i turned into final approach, and I intercepted the localiser, and as the PC had to load up the Heathrow imagery up ahead, FS9 Froze, immediately went black, and the vista error message came up saying FS9 has stopped working FS9 is now restarting.A little frustrated after spending alotta money on tweaking and i dont get what or why this would happen? Surely theres more than enough memory to hold the information?Lastly, i was reading on some other forums, that the situation can be caused by Landcast empty scenery folders? does anyone know what this kind of thing is and what it means? Also I have FS Genesis Europe terrain in the london area? anyone know if that could be the issue? oh and FYI i was flying the Level D 767 like normal and i dont really have the problem until now.........Please help my simmers :) thanks,Mitch :(

Go to aerosoft.com and register the product key using the FAQ/support link on the lower left of the page. That will get you into that product specific FAQ and Patch/Support area.You can also link into the various Aerosoft Scenery forums from there some of which are product specific to see if anyone else has this problem.

Guest BA940

Thankyou!Will Do this tonight! :(

I'm afraid there's only one solution for your CTD's, as many had them with Aerosoft/Simwings Mega Heathrow scenery. Switch to Gary's (UK2000) Heathrow Extreme. Better FPS, better looking, and I've never had any CTD's with his scenery.

Rune B.

Switch to Gary's (UK2000) Heathrow Extreme. Better FPS, better looking, and I've never had any CTD's with his scenery
That's exactly what I did. And I am sorry to confirm what you write. :(

To be fair to Aerosoft, on my 3 year old mid-level system, I've never had a CTD with their EGLL.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I've never had a CTD with their EGLL
To stand correct I haven't either. But I got many OOMs and g3d.dll's.With the UK2000 version - no more.And to be fair to Sim-wings I'm using some other of their excellent sceneries (LFPG, LEMD, LEPA and LEMH) without trouble.

To be fair to Aerosoft, on my 3 year old mid-level system, I've never had a CTD with their EGLL.
Goes for me as well. Never had a problem.

Guest BA940

aaah man! seriously! but the EGLL simwings version is just sooo good lol!I had uk2000 depressing after the simwings version.... surely there is something that can be done?Why does the CTD actually occur? how much spec pr what upgrades could you sweek or add to make sure it doesnt happen?I meran my PC is pretty powerful n it tstill has this issue, it must be really bad and heavy then for it to CTD only on tht scenery?