It's not so much about the price, but useability.First to say, I have NO home-cockpit, only a table with my computer on, laptop, and right now, a MS FF2 joystick.I would like to extend everything slowly, as I can't afford 1000€ at once. First thing I would like to get a throttle.The question for me is: should I get a TQ6 or Saitek throttles. Is TQ6 mountable, as I don't have a rack? How could I mount it without some locking mechanism? I don't want to drill through my desk...Also, I had these throttles in test, and they performed pretty well, I used to assign F2 as a button to the reversers on the throttle, which worked OK (though not really realistic). Now, TQ6 has levers for reversers. How does that work, if at all?! Is there anyone out there who has these throttles mounted without a rack and could give me some ideas?!Thanks!

I have both... And if I have to choose, I would go for Saitek - no spikes, movement is fluent, full scale (-16384 to 16384 according to FSUIPC).I use Saitek for props and TQ-6 for heavy jets. You should have registered FSUIP for TQ-6 - it will be much easier to have it usable.Mounting is somehow difficult directly to table. There are four holes for screws at the bottom and rear as far as I remember - most of them were made rather "quick" and not precisely made, so I have to drilled them by myself.Reverser is a lever with a stupid button in front of it. If You pull the throttle to the maximum, the button depress. When releasing, reverser goes to action. Do not treat this as a lever - more like a button with movable parts.

Yeah, my idea was to order two Saiteks. I have owned Saiteks Yoke system, but have been very very disappointed with it. I expected more smoothness. I guess one can't get that for so little money...But the throttle was pretty cool. I know about the PS2/USB problem. Only "unreal" thing seems this button-reverser-thing, when you pull the level beyond idle. It only acts as a button, and I assigned F2 to it. Worked well.Another point of view, TQ6 has detents for flaps. And BartEnder, could you explain this a bit more "Do not treat this as a lever - more like a button with movable parts.". I don't quite get it. Is it possible to assign reverser to the real lever to be able to control how much of reverse thrust you apply? Or is it actually only a button?

The thrust reverse is an axis, so you control with the leavers (as stated above :( ) how much throttle you want to use for braking.

The thrust reverse is an axis, so you control with the leavers (as stated above :( ) how much throttle you want to use for braking.
You are talking about Saitek I guess? With Saitek of course, I can just assign one or two to levers to reversers and 4 levers for engines... But then I would need 3rd controller for flaps and spoilers. As I owned Saitek throttle, I know a little about it, how it functions... The one I had, had normal levers, and on the lever, below the slot where it's idle, you could pull it back further, and that had a function of a button, which I could assign to F2 or reverser - but it was NOT a lever, it was more like a pressed button (F2) acting the same way as when I would press/hold the F2 button on the keyboard (assign over FSUIPC).TQ6 is a complete mystery to me. If reversers aren't levers (only buttons, where you can't apply how much reverse thrust you give), then the thing is of no use to me.

If reversers aren't levers (only buttons, where you can't apply how much reverse thrust you give), then the thing is of no use to me.
QUOTE (Crewecut @ Mar 28 2010, 07:00 PM) *The thrust reverse is an axis, so you control with the leavers (as stated above wink.gif ) how much throttle you want to use for braking.
It

Yes, 6 leavers in total (minor meltdown here, remind me to get another). And yes, it's a button function when jamming the leaver all the way down.