Sign in to follow this  
ABE

BGLS, BGLS everywhere, but NOT a drop of Cream Cheese

I compiled roughly about 15 BGLS with Airport 260 and used them in FS2000. I copied most of them to FS2004 and had success of all except 2.The BGLS that worked in FS2004 were essentially landmarks or minor sceneries of sorts. The 2 BGLS that did not work are the ones that depict an airport runway with an ILS approach which worked fine in FS2002 but not in FS2004.My questions are:1. Is it too soon to ask if there is somekind of a BGL converter from FS2002 to FS2004?2. Is there any way I can recompile the BGLS so that they would fit in FS2004?Would appreciate any help.Thanks.Abe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Curious, what BGLs are you compiling?To me a BGL is like an MDL, something that is compiled from source code. Now if you have the source code then I can see you compiling a BGL, but if not..........As a scenery designer, the LAST thing I want is someone prying open one of my BGLs.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Michael,The BGL's I compiled were created with Airport260. If you do a search, you'll find the program in the Avsim library. It's free.I used it like I mentioned earlier, through FS2000 and FS2002 with no problem. I created mostly simple BGL's, like balloons, as landmarks, preset houses, etc... The program comes with different objects ready to use and compile. Try it.By the way, did you have a chance to compile a BGL file for FS2004?Abe