Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

TOPCAT comments

Hello, guys,Does anyone use TOPCAT tool from http://www.topcatsim.com/?The calculator part is quite clear and is not the point of my post. What I've found really interesting in the manual is:

EXPORT TO FLIGHT SIMULATORUse the Export to Flight Simulator button to deliver the load a fuel figures directly to Microsoft Flight simulator thus releasing you using load managers or setting these figures manuallySave to aircraft.cfg fileIf a valid aircraft.cfg file is specified in the aircraft properties (Aircraft / Modify / Microsoft Flight Simulator aircraft.cfg file), TOPCAT is able to update this file with the payload data provided in the W & B (Weight & Balance) module...SEND VIA FSUIPC / WIDECLIENTSend via FSUIPC / WIDECLIENT allows you to inject payload data from the W & B module on-the-fly into Microsoft Flight Simulator without any need to reload the airplane.
I liked external loaders for FS9. This one sounds like it also can add / remove fuel, load PAX & cargo outside of FSX menus while in the cockpit or even before launching FSX. Anyone who's using it - please comment. All relevant thoughts and considerations are welcomed because I'm thinking of buying this tool soon, if the feedback and reviews are good.Thanks,Dirk.

As far as I'm aware, there is actually a demo version of it available, so why not give that a shot. Topcat is a good emulation of the software packages many real airlines use for such calculations, but those are considerably more expensive than what Topcat charge.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As far as I'm aware, there is actually a demo version of it available, so why not give that a shot.
I don't fly B747 that's why.(it wouldnt make sense trying it). :( Dirk.

I have used it for quite sometime with the Level D 767. It does enable you to configure the aircraft before starting FSX or whilst FSX is running. It provides a loadsheet for your kneeboard also.I do like the links into Active Sky that help with flight planning i.e. take off/landing runway's in use. For example, I enter my takeoff and destination airports and update the weather, set passenger and baggage weights and use this information to plan an FS Build flight. This in turn provides the fuel needed for the flight, which I then feed into Topcat and update the aircraft in FSX.I couldn't imagine flying a heavy without it.

Stephen Munn

I have used it for quite sometime with the Level D 767. It does enable you to configure the aircraft before starting FSX or whilst FSX is running. It provides a loadsheet for your kneeboard also.I do like the links into Active Sky that help with flight planning i.e. take off/landing runway's in use. For example, I enter my takeoff and destination airports and update the weather, set passenger and baggage weights and use this information to plan an FS Build flight. This in turn provides the fuel needed for the flight, which I then feed into Topcat and update the aircraft in FSX.I couldn't imagine flying a heavy without it.
Steve, how well is it supported by the developer? When was the last update?Thanks,Dirk.

Steve, how well is it supported by the developer? When was the last update?Thanks,Dirk.
It's developed constantly. I can't recall going more than 3 months before a new version appeared with increased functionality and aircraft support etc. It has improved so much in the last 12 months it's a real credit to the developers. All the updates have been free of charge.I have never needed support, so I can't comment, it's always done what I asked of it.

Stephen Munn

Another satisfied user here. Really simplifies load planning for the PMDG 747/MD11 and LevelD 767.

All sounds good regarding this tool.Thanks, guys.Dirk.