Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nils79

Excluding X-Planes default objects/roads etc?

Guest Nils79

Hi,i want to exclude all of X-Plane's roads and objects. So far i have only created excludes per tile but i want excludes for the whole X-Plane world.What would be the best way to achieve that? Or would it be sufficient to delete the -global overlays- folder?

Hi,i want to exclude all of X-Plane's roads and objects. So far i have only created excludes per tile but i want excludes for the whole X-Plane world.What would be the best way to achieve that? Or would it be sufficient to delete the -global overlays- folder?
Why not just set the amount of roads and buildings to none on the render options screen?

Guest Cameron
Why not just set the amount of roads and buildings to none on the render options screen?
Doing so will also eliminate custom airport buildings.Nils...Yes, you can delete the global overlays folders. This will eliminate your roads, trees, and autogen. You can, of course, grab the various custom scenery trees available if you wish to continue having trees strewn about.

Guest Nils79

Thanks for your replies, carrotroot and Cameron! Like Cameron wrote, i want to use custom buildings and roads etc.And i want to replace the default scenery with photo scenery but i'm still new to X-Plane and i'm not sure if there are any dependencies which i have to keep in mind.

Guest Nils79

removing the -global overlays- folder didn't work. There are still objects and roads (no add-on sceneries are active).Some hints would be helpful because i don't want to use excludes since they slow down the scenery loading. It would be better to not insert the unwanted stuff in Sim in the first place.